Nhandu Coloratovillosus molted - is it a boy or girl ?

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The hair looks to bit a bit darkened where there should be some EF. I'm thinking male..?

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've had this species and yours definitely looks male.... just like mine was:( . I can't tell how big he is, but I would start looking into dates for him BEFORE his MM molt.

mikie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've had this species and yours definitely looks male.... just like mine was:( . I can't tell how big he is, but I would start looking into dates for him BEFORE his MM molt.
Mine is 4" leg span. How long will he take for his MM molt ?
Also, how long will he live after his maturity molt ?
Thanks

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He probably will only have a molt, two at the most, until he hooks out. After that, he could live a month, or he could live a year. It's hard to say, it just depends on the individual and his willingness to keep eating. If he doesn't starve to death, he will keep on going until he tries to molt again which is usually when they die. It's not a sad affair, however, it's just nature taking it's course, so find him a good girlfriend... or if you're like me in college, 20 or 30 girlfriends:D :D :D :D

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont own this sp. but isnt that little white patch in the center above the EF a dead giveaway? I say male.

mikie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have the following Ts:

-B.Smithi
-T.Apophysis
-Xenesthis Immanis
-B.Emilia
-G.Auroestriata
-GBB
-N.Coloratovillosus
-A.Versicolor

The Smithi is the first I held (dare to). Is it possible for the others ?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
are you talking about just using the free range method of handling? or are you talking about pinch grabbing your T's? If you want to hold any of your T's I bet the vericolor would be easy :p

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you are just trying to get pictures for sexing just use a clear container to put them in and then take the picture. Almost all those Ts are ones that can be handled. I don't do a lot of that myself but I have held almost all those species at one time or another.

mikie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are you talking about just using the free range method of handling? or are you talking about pinch grabbing your T's? If you want to hold any of your T's I bet the vericolor would be easy :p
Yes, I mean pinch/grabbing:clap:
I am not sure if my T.apophysis would allow this :confused:

Last edited:

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
personally I wouldnt try to pinch grab any of my T's, too risky in my opinion. I have switched to getting them on plexi glass and taking pics. I dont want to hurt any of my more valuable T's. but yeah i dont think the blondi would appreciate it and I dont think you would either.