Nhandu Chromatus care sheet? (Newbie)

Ramil

Arachnopeon
Hi guys! again, its me. Lol

As the title says, I am planning to get a Nhandu Chromatus tomorrow. I've read and got some advice about them already but I want to start an entirely new thread about them.

I've known through my previous post that they are burrowers and that they love dry substrate.

However, I've also read that N. Chromatus are vicious eaters. How many times a week should I feed them? is twice a week good enough? Or should I stick to once a week? I feed my M. Balfouri once a week, every Friday. My slings (B. Smithi and G. Pulchripes) Twice a week every monday and thursday. Also, what should I put to the enclosure?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have kept my N chromatus on mostly dry sub but sprinkle water on some spag moss around the enclosure every couple of weeks. I also overflow the water dish a little and let it dry out before repeating.

At first I offered deep sub, though they never used it well. They usually just made a small burrow in the hide. See them sit at the mouth of their hide waiting for food a lot.

.. Always use tongs, this species is crazy with appetite and feeding response. Watch your fingers ;). What size is the specimen you are receiving? Feeding would depend on that.

I fed my adult 3 large cricket every 2 weeks and my Juv would take 3 standard crickets every week.

Ramil

Arachnopeon
I have kept my N chromatus on mostly dry sub but sprinkle water on some spag moss around the enclosure every couple of weeks. I also overflow the water dish a little and let it dry out before repeating.

At first I offered deep sub, though they never used it well. They usually just made a small burrow in the hide. See them sit at the mouth of their hide waiting for food a lot.

.. Always use tongs, this species is crazy with appetite and feeding response. Watch your fingers ;). What size is the specimen you are receiving? Feeding would depend on that.

I fed my adult 3 large cricket every 2 weeks and my Juv would take 3 standard crickets every week.
Oh sorry, wasn't able to include the size. Its a 1.25-1.5" sling. Im guessing they really are vicious eaters. Is twice a week good then? I'm planning to give him lats or mealworms depending on my mood.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Oh sorry, wasn't able to include the size. Its a 1.25-1.5" sling. Im guessing they really are vicious eaters. Is twice a week good then? I'm planning to give him lats or mealworms depending on my mood.
They will eat you if you let them.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I think raised mine pretty humid. Mine burrows and has made a burrows under it's hides in every cage it's been in. I'm confident it would be fine if kept a little drier as im starting to do.
Eats like a beast, grows fast, and is stunning. Just watch those hairs though. ;)

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Twice a week should be good. You can offer prey even more often if you want, but once it gets out of the sling stage, you'll want to slow it down to once or twice per week.

Ramil

Arachnopeon
Twice a week should be good. You can offer prey even more often if you want, but once it gets out of the sling stage, you'll want to slow it down to once or twice per week.
Okay, will do. Thanks a lot guys!

Ramil

Arachnopeon
Does this also mean i can feed them 3 times a week?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Does this also mean i can feed them 3 times a week?
I offer food to my small slings once every 2 days to speed up molts, but it's really up to you. Once, twice, three times per week, any one of the three would be fine. Pretty much just comes down to how fast you want it to grow. The more you feed and the higher the temps, the faster their metabolism is.