Next tarentulas recommendation

forfun

Arachnopeon
Hey guys i would love to have some suggestions which tarentula/tarentulas to buy next! I'm definitely gonna pick up A.geniculata female on 7.5cm. I heard they are great eaters and funny to watch. They are also beatiful, cant go wrong with that one.

Now when i already gonna make a order and pay that shippin i could buy some cheap slings. I could buy atleast 3 slings and i would love to have some suggestions on what i should pick.

I'm thinking about pokies but im not sure yet

What i already have;

A.Versicolor
A.Sp Peru Purple
P.Irminia
P.cambridgei
GBB
B.Vagan

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I could buy atleast 3 slings and i would love to have some suggestions on what i should pick.

How long have you been keeping tarantulas? If you're relatively new, I wouldn't recommend a Poecilotheria yet. If you've had your Psalmopoeus for a while, that's probably an OK option if you want more arboreals.

No collection is complete without a Grammostola pulchra.

forfun

Arachnopeon
How long have you been keeping tarantulas? If you're relatively new, I wouldn't recommend a Poecilotheria yet. If you've had your Psalmopoeus for a while, that's probably an OK option if you want more arboreals.

No collection is complete without a Grammostola pulchra.
I'm relatively new but confident enough to get a pokie. I could wait with them though, which is prob a smart idea :) Even though i heard Psalms are as fast but without the potent venom.

Grammostola pulchra looks really interesting! They are beautiful. I will put that on the list for sure :)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
How about a P. cancerides? Seems you don't have a birdeater yet, and I feel every keeper needs at least one huge cricket compacter ;) There is also A. geniculata, but I prefer the feistiness and color of the P. cancerides. Both are great, grow fast, relatively cheap, and eat like champions :D It is a good step up into a more defensive T, but IMO cancerides are not too bad.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Brachypelma hamorii
Grammostola iheringi
Grammostola pulchra
Pamphobeteus sp
Idiothele mira

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Genics are good, yes.

Now when i already gonna make a order and pay that shippin i could buy some cheap slings. I could buy atleast 3 slings and i would love to have some suggestions on what i should pick.
What else is available at the place you're buying from?

forfun

Arachnopeon
How about a P. cancerides? Seems you don't have a birdeater yet, and I feel every keeper needs at least one huge cricket compacter ;) There is also A. geniculata, but I prefer the feistiness and color of the P. cancerides. Both are great, grow fast, relatively cheap, and eat like champions :D It is a good step up into a more defensive T, but IMO cancerides are not too bad.
That one is gorgeous even as slings! I def put that one the list ;)

forfun

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma hamorii
Grammostola iheringi
Grammostola pulchra
Pamphobeteus sp
Idiothele mira
Gonna check them out! Thanks :)
G.pulchra is on my buy list so far and P. cancerides. Maybe im buying more then 3 slings, lol :D

Idiothele mira looks interesting!

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'm definitely gonna pick up A.geniculata female on 7.5cm. I heard they are great eaters and funny to watch. They are also beatiful, cant go wrong with that one
They are ravenous murder tanks and awesome.

What i already have;

A.Versicolor
A.Sp Peru Purple
P.Irminia
P.cambridgei
GBB
B.Vagan
Grammostola iheringi
Nhandu chromatus (or any Nhandu sp.)
Pamphobeteus antinous (or any Pamphobeteus sp.)
Neoholothele incei
Phormictopus sp.

If you're not entirely sure then leave it a while.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I will recommend:

P. cancerides
B. emilia
Wait for it, E. Sp. red (who did not see that coming)

boina

Lady of the mites
Big, bold, and colorful: A. geniculata
Big, nervous, and colorful (and sometimes quite nasty): P. cancerides
Big, nervous, and colorful, but without the nastiness: N. chromatus
Big and bold, males are also colorful: Pamphobeteus sp.
Small, black, and endearingly curious: Euathlus sp. red

I've more than a 100 tarantulas, but the A. genic is still among my absolute favorites, so they are my first recommendation. To cite @The Grym Reaper :They are ravenous murder tanks and awesome.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Hey guys i would love to have some suggestions which tarentula/tarentulas to buy next! I'm definitely gonna pick up A.geniculata female on 7.5cm. I heard they are great eaters and funny to watch. They are also beatiful, cant go wrong with that one.

What i already have;

A.Versicolor
A.Sp Peru Purple
P.Irminia
P.cambridgei
GBB
B.Vagan
I can only speak for the species I've owned. So...

Aphonopelma chalcodes - Beautiful combination of light tan, brown, and black. Docile but a little skittish. Slow grower.

Brachypelma albopilosum - Eats like a monster. Super cute fluffy appearance, especially if you get the Nicaraguan variety. Fastest growing Brachy I've seen.

Brachypelma boehmei - Visually stunning. Can be hair flicky, but otherwise docile. Medium slow grower.

Brachypelma emilia - Really cool pattern as adults. Looks like a black spider wearing brown leg warmers. Triangle on the carapace. Slow grower.

Davus pentaloris - Beautiful colors and pattern. Webs some. Very fast for a NW, and somewhat skittish.

Euathlus Sp. red - Tends to be unusually docile. Small species, cute appearance. Growth rate: glacial.

Grammostola pulchra - Big, black, and beautiful. Stockier build than many terrestrials. Slow grower.

Grammostola pulchripes - Cheap, easy to care for, pretty markings on legs. Gets fairly big. Slow grower.

Lasiodora klugi - Almost always out in the open. Gets quite big, has red setae on black abdomen as an adult. Medium growth rate.

Nhandu tripepii - Fast and nasty. Adults look like little yaks or something. Fast grower.

Pterinopelma sazimai - Gets more blue with each molt. Fast, but not defensive. Medium-slow growth rate.

cold blood

Staff member

forfun

Arachnopeon
Genics are good, yes.

What else is available at the place you're buying from?
I can only speak for the species I've owned. So...

Aphonopelma chalcodes - Beautiful combination of light tan, brown, and black. Docile but a little skittish. Slow grower.

Brachypelma albopilosum - Eats like a monster. Super cute fluffy appearance, especially if you get the Nicaraguan variety. Fastest growing Brachy I've seen.

Brachypelma boehmei - Visually stunning. Can be hair flicky, but otherwise docile. Medium slow grower.

Brachypelma emilia - Really cool pattern as adults. Looks like a black spider wearing brown leg warmers. Triangle on the carapace. Slow grower.

Davus pentaloris - Beautiful colors and pattern. Webs some. Very fast for a NW, and somewhat skittish.

Euathlus Sp. red - Tends to be unusually docile. Small species, cute appearance. Growth rate: glacial.

Grammostola pulchra - Big, black, and beautiful. Stockier build than many terrestrials. Slow grower.

Grammostola pulchripes - Cheap, easy to care for, pretty markings on legs. Gets fairly big. Slow grower.

Lasiodora klugi - Almost always out in the open. Gets quite big, has red setae on black abdomen as an adult. Medium growth rate.

Nhandu tripepii - Fast and nasty. Adults look like little yaks or something. Fast grower.

Pterinopelma sazimai - Gets more blue with each molt. Fast, but not defensive. Medium-slow growth rate.

Awesome! i will look up every single one you mention. B.boehmei sounds very interesting since the spider has a good appetite and grow fast :) Very informative which i like ! Thumbs up

Last edited:

forfun

Arachnopeon
Look into Nhadu species...theyre great....they grow as fast as a genic and share their appetites.View media item 40917
N. incei is a great choice as well...one of the more underrated ts out there.

B. cabocla is also great....faster growth, great appetites and nice looking.
Awesome pictures man! I'll pick one Nhandu for sure.. I can pick between, N.carapoensis, chromatus, coloratovillosus and tripepii. I think i choose chromatus but i have some time to think before i make a order :)

cold blood

Staff member
Awesome! i will look up every single one you mention. B.boehmei sounds very interesting since the spider has a good appetite and grow fast :) Very informative which i like ! Thumbs up
Boehmei does NOT grow fast....theyre also quite flicky...even for a Brachypelma.

They are quite stunning though.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I've more than a 100 tarantulas, but the A. genic is still among my absolute favorites, so they are my first recommendation. To cite @The Grym Reaper :They are ravenous murder tanks and awesome.[/QUOTE]

That's great to hear, I'm receiving 0.0.1. tomorrow, not sure how big/small it will be as it's a replacement for 0.0.2. C. dyscolus sp. blue that arrived, then died unexpectedly the next day, hoping it's a feisty one at that.

forfun

Arachnopeon
Boehmei does NOT grow fast....theyre also quite flicky...even for a Brachypelma.

They are quite stunning though.
Thanks for clearing that up. Indeed they are beautiful!

This is that what im currently will be buying
Acanthoscurria geniculata Female (7.5cm)
Phormictopus cancerides 3.5cm (sling)
Grammostola pulchripes 2.5cm (sling)
Nhandu tripepii 3.5cm (sling)

I choose a tripeppi instead of Chromatus since it looks similiar to the geniculata.

forfun

Arachnopeon
Big, bold, and colorful: A. geniculata
Big, nervous, and colorful (and sometimes quite nasty): P. cancerides
Big, nervous, and colorful, but without the nastiness: N. chromatus
Big and bold, males are also colorful: Pamphobeteus sp.
Small, black, and endearingly curious: Euathlus sp. red

I've more than a 100 tarantulas, but the A. genic is still among my absolute favorites, so they are my first recommendation. To cite @The Grym Reaper :They are ravenous murder tanks and awesome.
A.genic seems to be liked alot. Thats the one i want the most! I cant wait til she arrives :D

They are ravenous murder tanks and awesome.

I like that alot!

Last edited: