1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News story: Huge spider rescued by locals

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Garth Vader, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Garth Vader

Garth Vader Arachnohipster Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    For every 5 spider haters on my facebook feed, there is a lovely Australian who posts articles and photos of spiders and snakes like this one here. Honestly, this one seems a bit confused, as if the journalist couldn't quite decide if the spider is terrifying or if it is actually quite tragic that the males do not live for very long. :hilarious: :joyful:
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...SF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
  2. miamc12321

miamc12321 Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Virginia
    Thanks for sharing this. What a good hearted group of people! It's good to know they're out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Garth Vader

I know! I am so glad they helped the spider out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wolfspidurguy

Wolfspidurguy Arachnobaron Active Member

it warms my heart to see this and also i want a whistling spider

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave Jay

Dave Jay Arachnoknight Active Member

A Phlogius species for sure, probably fell out of the avocado tree they put it in and died on impact! Sorry, not funny I know, but they are not known to be arboreal. I'm sure it was fine though. I noticed that the word tarantula was not used, it's only recently been accepted in regards to Australian species. Selenotypus are the other genus to keep an eye out for @Wolfspidurguy , they are out there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. D Sherlod

D Sherlod Arachnoknight

Wow,,, i'm impressed, no bull or sensational statements... just a caring report.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  7. Garth Vader

I know. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Australians and this solidifies it for sure! They tend to be pretty cool people!

• Like Like x 1