Newly adopted

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Here's Hailey, my new puppy. 6 yrs old, got from Westside shelter. Sweet girlie. Knows commands. Very affectionate. Blended in pretty good with other 2. Worst trait? Thinking she's a lap dog. I think Shiloh led me to her.
20171011_131651.jpg

basin79

ArachnoGod
Here's Hailey, my new puppy. 6 yrs old, got from Westside shelter. Sweet girlie. Knows commands. Very affectionate. Blended in pretty good with other 2. Worst trait? Thinking she's a lap dog. I think Shiloh led me to her.
View attachment 254827
Look at that face. So full of gratitude and love towards you.

You've transformed her life.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Thank you for adopting! If I ever get an other dog I will adopt one as well.

keks

Arachnobaron
Oh crone!

Congratulation to your new family member, she is sooooo lovely, and one can see that she already loves you :kiss:!

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Look at that face. So full of gratitude and love towards you.

You've transformed her life.
She's a velcro dog. I keep telling her that I'm never going to dump her like her former family. It's going to take awhile. She literally has to be touching me at all times. She's so sweet, and I tell her that she's a good girlie. Thankfully my other two are adjusting to her quite well.
As for the Ts, they don't care as long as there's crics, water bowls and plenty of sub to throw into those nice, clean bowls!:shifty:
PS: there's no replacement for Shiloh. Only a broken heart that now maybe can end.

basin79

ArachnoGod
She's a velcro dog. I keep telling her that I'm never going to dump her like her former family. It's going to take awhile. She literally has to be touching me at all times. She's so sweet, and I tell her that she's a good girlie. Thankfully my other two are adjusting to her quite well.
As for the Ts, they don't care as long as there's crics, water bowls and plenty of sub to throw into those nice, clean bowls!:shifty:
PS: there's no replacement for Shiloh. Only a broken heart that now maybe can end.
I get really upset and then extremely angry when I see intelligent pets dropped like hot potatoes. I know sometimes an owner might die etcetera but there are so so many that "fall out of fashion and favour".

Don't get me wrong I hate all forms of abandonment with pets but a tarantula doesn't give a hoot who owns them so long as their basic requirements are met.

Many dogs and parrots are bought on a whim. Bonding with their new owners. It's sickens me.

Sadly I couldn't do as you and many others do in rescuing a dog from a shelter as I'd rip my heart out not being able to take them all and leaving them there. Selfish I know but it'd haunt me forever.

You've done a truly wonderous thing.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
No, no replacement for dogs who've moved on to another plane of existence.

Getting a new dog after losing one isn't replacing the old dog. It's not spitting on their memory. It's giving another dog a happy, fulfilling life. It's giving them a chance to be as happy as the last one was.

And it's allowing them to heal your wounds at the very same time. You give them love, and they return it. Unconditionally. Dogs are one of the greatest animals on this planet. Never feel like you have to explain yourself for getting another after your own died. Something has gotta fill the dog-shaped hole they leave in your heart when they go, right?

She's a beautiful girl, and you already know you're lucky to have her just like she knows that too. That's why she's stuck on you like glue. ;)

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
No, no replacement for dogs who've moved on to another plane of existence.

Getting a new dog after losing one isn't replacing the old dog. It's not spitting on their memory. It's giving another dog a happy, fulfilling life. It's giving them a chance to be as happy as the last one was.

And it's allowing them to heal your wounds at the very same time. You give them love, and they return it. Unconditionally. Dogs are one of the greatest animals on this planet. Never feel like you have to explain yourself for getting another after your own died. Something has gotta fill the dog-shaped hole they leave in your heart when they go, right?

She's a beautiful girl, and you already know you're lucky to have you just like she knows that too. That's why she's stuck on you like glue. ;)
Bang on the money. I still cry over losing Samson. But Typhon has helped me out a tremendous amount. I already owe him a debt I'll never be able to pay back. But I'll make sure I try to every single day.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I get really upset and then extremely angry when I see intelligent pets dropped like hot potatoes. I know sometimes an owner might die etcetera but there are so so many that "fall out of fashion and favour".

Don't get me wrong I hate all forms of abandonment with pets but a tarantula doesn't give a hoot who owns them so long as their basic requirements are met.

Many dogs and parrots are bought on a whim. Bonding with their new owners. It's sickens me.

Sadly I couldn't do as you and many others do in rescuing a dog from a shelter as I'd rip my heart out not being able to take them all and leaving them there. Selfish I know but it'd haunt me forever.

You've done a truly wonderous thing.
I v
I can't go in through the kennels, either. The animal welfare ground for this county has a good website. Because I schlep along with a cane I can sit on a bench and they'll bring the animals to you. Don't be too hard on yourself. Anybody with an ounce of sensitivity has a hard time.
My animals eat first, I'd live in my car if I had to. Her people's landlord said either she goes or you all go. They had her since she was a pup and dumped her. I would have told him to stick it where the sun don't shine. But that's just me.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
She's so sweet, but she's veeeery clingy. It's ok, though. Love my new girlie -- and my other two hounds very much. Slowly they're melding into a pack.