Newbie - looking to purchase first T

MKG

Arachnopeon
I have six beginner Ts , one of which is a GBB , I always check to to see where she / he is in their set up when feeding etc before opening the top , and do everything on the floor . It's a case of being very aware of what they can actually do ( run fast ) and doing everything in a sale way for your T . Had her Three weeks . Try and do everything when she's in her hide , not when she's out and about , yes she did run when i took out a locust which was uneaten , luckily not upwards ! I'm just sort of going with the flow with her. It's handy if they are already in a suitable set up , my daughter did that for me luckily, as she's used to Pokies and OBTs , but theirs plenty for the beginner to keep . My personal favourite is the Euathlus sp Red ( Chile Flame ) very cute for a T , very active , out and about most of the time and a dwarf species, so not to big . Mine climbs a lot so have raised the substrate in case of falls . I also agree with the other Ts mentioned by the other members .
Thank you.

Amy31fife

Arachnopeon
Looking for recommendations on what is a good beginner T. I really want a colorful one. I think slow and hardy would be great.
Thinking a GBB?
I got told best start is curly hair but not so colourful however i have a red knee and she's stunning

Gman32176

Arachnopeon
Just throwin in my 2 cents without scanning this thread too much and seeing other suggestions, though I'm sure most will agree as I've already seen it mentioned.
G. pulchripes. Beautiful, not fast or skittish, big, and usually pretty docile. Really can't go wrong. I always hear that they grow slow, but as a noob it'll seem fast to you until it starts hitting the juvie stage. My little sling has molted once a month for me and she puts on some size each time. It's really impressive.