New visitor looking for "sub-topics" of particular species

Eek

Arachnosquire
Greetings all,

Brand new member and recently developed T enthusiast. I signed up and instantly began searching for for the grammastola (or, more precisely, the pulchripes and rosea section) and I was surprised to see all questions and discussions balled into one lump topic. I filter search for key words and it seems to work alright...but if a new topic starts up or a new thread pops up for G. pulchripes how do I know? Search again?

I love the feedback, the pictures, and the feel of the site...this simply a humble suggestion.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Welcome to Arachnoboards. Hoping you have a pleasant and informative time here.

Open the search box and click on More. Type grammastola (or pulchripes or rosea) as the keyword, check the Search Titles Only box. Highlight the Tarantula forum and check the box Search Child Forums. You may want to click on the Newer Than bar which opens a calendar window and limit the search to the most recent weeks or months.
Execute the search then scan down through the various threads. Open the ones that look interesting to you. With ones you want to keep track of, click the Watch Thread on the upper right above the first post.

On any screen you will find the choice at the top of Watched Threads that you can click on. Threads with new postings are highlighted by being in bold letters until you open the thread.

You may want to read your fill for the day then click the Mark Forums Read which removes the bold type.

To unwatch a thread just open it and the top right will read Unwatch Thread.

There are a few tricks you can you to keep track of things. Using the proper technical name of an animal for example. You can also watch individuals. Simply click on the person you wish to follow and a small box opens up. Click on Follow and you will be informed of that persons new postings each time you log on. We have a number of highly qualified informed members who are well worth following even off your preferred subjects. And of course a few folks like The Snark whose postings are an utter waste of time that you can Ignore.
Play around with the settings and see what works best for you.

Last edited: