1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New vinegaroon.

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by basin79, May 19, 2017.

1. basin79

basin79 Arachnoprince Active Member

Advertisement
    This little beautiful creature has arrived. Mastigoproctus giganteus. First time I've owned one of these magnificent arachnids. I would just like some second opinions.

From the few pics I've seen I'm going with female but it would be great if someone with experience can take a look at the pic of the underside. [​IMG]

These are just some quick pics with my camera.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. WeightedAbyss75

WeightedAbyss75 Arachnodemon Active Member

I got one about a month ago and they are fantastic! Super underrated IMO. I'd probably say female too just based on what I skimmed through, but I don't know too much about sexing vinegaroons. Beautiful specimen, those pictures look great!

• Like Like x 2
  3. basin79

I'm so glad I started watching those youtube videos. They where the final straw.

So you're guessing female too. Well at least I won't be wrong on my own. What size is yours?

I've even named her. Not that it means I love her more or my other inverts less because of it.

Her name, Clubber Lang.

• Love Love x 1
  4. WeightedAbyss75

Mine is probably a little less than half an inch body length. Probably one of my favorite inverts I have, every night it loves to come out and roam its enclosure :D I would love to get one of the asian species too, but they are super rare and get smaller. Just love amblypigids in general, such interesting creatures ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnobaron Active Member

Both these and amblypygi are lovely, but these are actually thelyphonida, whip scorpions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WeightedAbyss75

Thought they were in the same family, never knew. Still think I like thelyphonida over amblypigids ;)

7. Aquarimax

Aquarimax Arachnobaron Active Member

Utah
    Nice vinegaroon! I have a couple young CB specimens myself, they've only been active a short time after hibernation, and at least one of them recently molted. I love to watch them hunt!

8. RTTB

RTTB Arachnodemon Active Member

They are an awesome creature.

9. basin79

Can anyone else tell me if my assumption that Clubber Lang is female?