New Versi

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a new Avicularia versicolor today, compliments of Tim at Wild n Mild pets. My boss picked it up for me in Cleveland this weekend. I had too many plans on sunday so I couldn't make the trip myself. Anyhow, I will post some pics tomorrow, as soon as I get over my St. Patty's day hangover and as soon as my camera batteries are done charging. See you all tomorrow.

Eric

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excited to see. How big is it. I just got 3 2" versicolors. Are yours really fast? I didnt think avics could move that fast. I've kept pokies and I gotta tell you the avics can almost keep up.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
from leg tip to leg tip, he's almost exactly 5/8's of an inch. And he's not that quick yet. My other avic is about 3 inches, and my psalmo is a shade bigger, but a s*** load quicker. That suntiger is the fastest spider I've ever seen, besides the H. mac one of my buddies has.

Eric

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Pics

Here's some pics of the new little one. Again, thanks to Tim @ WildnMild pets.:clap:

Last edited:

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excited to see. How big is it. I just got 3 2" versicolors. Are yours really fast? I didnt think avics could move that fast. I've kept pokies and I gotta tell you the avics can almost keep up.
Dude, my avics can teleport faster than my pokies! They are just as fast when it comes to being spooked, but the pokies are pretty consistant w/ their speed. They can't quite catch up to my H mac or S. calceatum tho{D

They might start slowly, but if they get scared they are outta the gate like lightning! You know what else is surprisingly fast? My L. parahybana slings. Holy cow!

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think the Suntiger is the fastest tarantula Hands down.

They have nike Swooshes for a reason. lol

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is one cute sling:). Keep posting pics as it grows.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it's getting nice and fat on fruit flies. Hope it molts soon, I will post more pics as soon as it does.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Molt pic

Hi all, well this little versi molted and is looking quite new. I had to get rid of the other pics, cuz I needed to make room for some new ones. How do I get more space to post more pics? I fill up the quota pretty fast, and can only have a small handful of pics in the posts I make. Anyway, enjoy the new picture.

P.S. just shy of an inch. I measured it at 7/8"

Last edited:

bakaichi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
look at her...
she naked~~..ready to suit up
hope my versi molt soon too

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you get a photobucket account (free) you can upload a ton of pics and then just link them in your posts.

Gorgeous little versi btw :)