New updates/photos/eggsacks etc....

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome stuff, Chris! You're killing it over there man. I can't wait till you pair the Ornithoctoninae sp. "Prison de abeilles"! That sp. is definitely on my want list. I'm also getting anxious about that schioedtei sac. I can't wait to see what's inside!
haha thanks man!You will be first to know about both the schioedtei eggsacks ;]

Any other tales/rumors/etc. of other members of Coremiocnemis displaying communality?
Not that I know of!Also worth mentioning that this species will eventually be moved out of the genus Coremiocnemis so they differ quite a bit from the species found in Malaysia and other areas of South East Asia.

---------- Post added 03-17-2012 at 10:52 AM ----------

Very cool Chris, is that the female "Prison de abeilles" that I Looked at the sheds from? Or were you able to sex out other females? Very cool pics of the C. tropix too. Did you hear that they can be kept like that , or did you just take a chance since you had them?

Later,Tom
Yeah man I think you were spot on with all the molts I sent you while back.I managed to confirm them all with ventral sexing and I have 2 females in my group now.The tropix communal kinda started more or less because nobody wanted to buy slings and once I bred them for a second time I was flooded with the little guys lol!So it pretty much started out of pure laziness I guess you can say haha!
But it turns out they are very tolerant of each other.I was told by someone not long ago that tropix can be found living in very close quarters to each other in the wild but when this person tried a communal set up it did not pan out to well.Perhaps keeping them in a smaller tank is necessary to success?I believe I started the setup with about 75 individuals so once I separate and count them all out It will be interesting to see how many are left.I'm assuming I should be able to ventral sex them all out to so that will also be interesting to see the male/female ratio.You still have any over there?
-Chris

---------- Post added 03-17-2012 at 10:52 AM ----------

Wow, so much cool stuff in one post! Hopefully you have a male lined up for your "prison de abeilles"...?
I have 3 males ;]

-Chris

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just pulled some eggsacks this week and so far everything is looking good!

First off is a little dwarf species from Malaysia.Opened this sack up to find post embryo nymphs!!

Coremiocnemis jeremeyhuffi

Next is an eggsack I am super excited about and is without a doubt one of the most important breedings I've done here yet.

Lyrogronathus crotalus

Looking great so far!Fingers crossed this one is a success as these are extremely rare in captivity and from what I understand quite difficult to breed!Also worth mentioning they are also badass spiders to hehe!! (check the link in my sig for pics!)

Here is another member of the subfamily Selenocosmiinae that I hope to breed this year!

Selenocosmia ardnsti

Love this species!!A certain AB member was kind enough to donate his male to me so I hope to get lots of action for him late this year with my girls! :D

Last is a spider everyone should recognize!

Xenesthis immanis (Newly molted female)

These are truly one of the most beautiful NW tarantulas!Hope to have a go at breeding this species in the next couple years!
Thanks for looking!
-Chris

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How big is your arndsti? That's one good lookin' girl! Hope you continue to have success with that crotalus sac, looks fantastic so far :D

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Great stuff man! That little Coremiocnemis sac is adorable lol.

Later, Tom

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How big is your arndsti? That's one good lookin' girl! Hope you continue to have success with that crotalus sac, looks fantastic so far :D
This one above is maybe close to 4.5"?I have a couple more and one big girl pushing at least 6"

Great stuff man! That little Coremiocnemis sac is adorable lol.

Later, Tom
Lmao!Its a little one!My first female ate the sack she made that lil bastard!So really hoping this one is good!
-Chris

jayefbe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful S. arndsti! I hope you have some success with them, they are near the top of my "desperately want to buy" list.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Congrats on everything! How's your Heteropoda davidbowie coming along? :D

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats on everything! How's your Heteropoda davidbowie coming along? :D
Thanks man!I have two survivors from my Heteropoda davidbowie eggsacks and they are both very close to adult size now.Still unsexed but I'm leaning towards female on them.How awesome would it be if they were a pair?!heh!
I will try and grab some photos of them for my next update on here!I'm kinda scared to take them out for photos tho lol!I don't think most people really appreciate the insane speed huntsman spiders have!Take your fastest tarantula and times it by 100!! D:
-Chris

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When you get a sac from one of the S. arndsti, if you have a waiting list for people who want one, make sure I'm on it! Hot damn that's a good-looking spider.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't think they will be to difficult to breed so I'm confident I'll be able to hatch some out in the near future ;]
Also Selenocosmia tend to make rather large eggsacks,sometimes containing 200+ spiderlings so there should be plenty to go round if successful!
-Chris

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great photos and lots of species I'd love to get slings from in the near future!

Congratulations!!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi guys,
Just adding some more photos and updates from my spider room!!

To start it off the Lyrognathus crotalus are looking very good and they have just started molting into 1st in-star and leaving the eggsack!

Ornithoctonus aureotibialis have all now molted into 2nd in-star and will be off to find new homes shortly!

These are some big leggy spiderlings!!

Here is a photo of one of my adult female Chilobrachys dyscolus holding on to a phantom eggsack

All my adults make these like clockwork every year.Absolutely love this species!They get huge,have a great attitude lol,and also like many other Chilobrachys do extremely well in captivity!Very hardy tarantulas!

Here is a newly molted Cyriocosmus elegans sub-adult

Just starting to show adult colors!This little guy was hatched out by Tom Patterson AKA Philth!

Here is a Cyriopagopus schioedtei eggsack I just pulled this week

Looking great so far!!

Here is a rather uncommon species you don't see every day!
Sericopelma sp."Bocas del toro" (Panama)
Adult Female

Hope to breed these in the very near future!

Here is a juvenile Thrigmopoeus truculentus thats starting to show some adult coloration

This is a photo of my little spider room helper hehe!

AKA my cat Loaf!

Here's a couple Young Poecilotheria subfusca females I just re-housed!

Here's a couple fish eye shots of my spider room if anyone missed these!

And lastly here is a Chilobrachys sp."Guangxi" eggsack I just found!

Thanks for looking!
-Chris

arachnidsrva

Arachnoknight
this is certainly something to be proud of ! - i like how organized everything is, you really took the time to maximize every square foot of the room!

i built all my shelving out of 10 foot boards - its really sturdy but it doesnt look this good !!!!

---------- Post added 04-01-2012 at 04:24 PM ----------

by the way, how much was your fish-eye lens? i have an old nikon-d70 with an aftermarket tamron lens - but i want a fish eye

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
this is certainly something to be proud of ! - i like how organized everything is, you really took the time to maximize every square foot of the room!

---------- Post added 04-01-2012 at 04:24 PM ----------

by the way, how much was your fish-eye lens? i have an old nikon-d70 with an aftermarket tamron lens - but i want a fish eye
Thanks man!
The fisheye lens is actually on my girlfriends Cannon.She is borrowing it from a friend and I think its kind of a pricey lens.Prob in the 500$ range I'd guess?
-Chris

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow man, lots of good stuff! How big do dyscolus get, if you know? Congrats on the new sacs as well, esp the schioedtei. The Sericopelma is a good lookin T, is it a new pick up or have you had it for a while?

hehe Loaf

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks like things are progressing quite beautifully. Any updates on the Coremiocnemis jeremeyhuffi sac?

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That cat's eyes are too funny {D But the female P subfusca are sick! Even when they're juvis, the markings are still stunning. Loving all the sling pics, keep em coming!