New Ts today!

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just got home with my new Ts! I got an A. hentzi:

She is scaring me right now by testing out the ceiling of her new digs. I think I'll call her Lola, for some reason. *sings 'her name is Lola, she was a showgirl...'*

I also got a 1" A. versicolor who is just full of personality. My camera battery died before I could get a decent picture. I fed this little one a cricket as soon as we got home, and it was amazing watching how fast he grabbed it! I've only fed my other slings pre-killed before, and they've all taken their time before going for their food, so this was my first hunt-and-kill.

And then I got 3 L. parahybana slings, I haven't had much time to drool over them yet. Right now everyone is just settling down after 40 minutes in the car with me, lol.

Ooh, I wish Lola would come down from the lid of her tank! Its making me incredibly nervous! and she's hanging right over the water dish, which isn't the softest surface! is she just exploring, or does she not like her new home?

sparular

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Probably just exploring but if the fall is more than 3-4" you might consider adding more substrate if you're afraid of a fall. Give it a week and if she doesn't make a home consider trying a different substrate or adding different hides.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Good choice! The Aphonepelma henzti are great T's!

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Lola has settled down a bit, she looks a bit more relaxed now. I put a small jade plant in with her, next to the water dish, although I'm doubtful it will grow (I have a black thumb when it comes to plants).

I named the 3 L. parahybana slings Inky, Blinky, and Pinky. The A. versicolor is Clyde. I'm completely head over heels in love with Clyde! So cute, blue, and nice big feet!

I think I'm done with getting new Ts for at least a few months. At least, I keep telling myself that, lol. I'm at 9 now, its been less than two months since I got my first two!

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D You must have it bad...lolol

Wasn't the long car ride a BEAR to take? I always hate to have to wait to open the new containers; and I always end up driving like an old lady to keep from jostling the new kids...{D {D {D

Congratulations on the new arrivals!

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awww, your new T is purty! I love A. hentzi. Many new Ts explore a bit at first but should settle down within a few days. Congrats on the new Ts!

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
{D You must have it bad...lolol

Wasn't the long car ride a BEAR to take? I always hate to have to wait to open the new containers; and I always end up driving like an old lady to keep from jostling the new kids...{D {D {D

Congratulations on the new arrivals!
I am lucky in that I have all my T.s delivered to me were I work . I already have there permanant homes all ready for them when they get here. I am not sure I could stand a long car ride, I would be opening them up in the car !

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh, forgot to mention ! Beautifull T. ! I have an A. Chalcodes ,now I have just got to have one of those! Were did you get her ?

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am lucky in that I have all my T.s delivered to me were I work . I already have there permanant homes all ready for them when they get here. I am not sure I could stand a long car ride, I would be opening them up in the car !
I don't think my co-workers would be on board with me having Ts delivered to the office. I had her home all set up so when we got home, I just had to transfer her out of her deli cup carseat. The drive wasn't too bad, the deli cup fit snugly into my cup holder, and she rode home next to my diet coke. I had this funny vision of me reaching for my soday, and grabbing the wrong cup (although it would have been physically impossible to do so... it was just a funny thought).

Oh, forgot to mention ! Beautifull T. ! I have an A. Chalcodes ,now I have just got to have one of those! Were did you get her ?
I bought her from a local hobbyist, paradox-something-or-other (I'm bad with names, even worse with screennames...) on here. A. hentzi has been on the top of my list for awhile (okay, so a little over a month, lol), and I'm very pleased with her. She's not the most showy T, but she's beautiful. Last night I took a few more pictures of her while she was pretending to be arboreal. She's got a cute little smiley face design on her carapace, I'll try to post the pics when I get home from work tonight.