New to the hobby - enclosure disturbance question

LunarDjinn

Arachnopeon
Check out YouTube, look for Rick West's video, you'll see one.

@BoyFromLA @LunarDjinn See above, clearly you guys aren't dedicated to the cause ;)
I have an excuse... im new!!:p

The hand is just not a good option for a hide.
Thank you. Im glad i asked or i may have incorporated it in as one not knowing. It may end up as a decoration at some point, but not as a hide and definitely not in such a small enclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:

boina

Lady of the mites
I actually like the enclosure, including the decoration. Personally, I might go for something a bit bigger, but you want to rehouse anyway, so go for it. I think the amount of sub is fine, the deko is fine, most GBBs rather web than burrow anyway. Only concern may be the mesh top, but otherwise congratulations - this is a good enclosure.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think Cold blood nailed the head here! If a terrestrial tarantula gives the proper ammount of substrate they usally will burrow! Thats why one should give a deep substrate for a tarantula that normally dont burrow in terrarium, like a G rosea! Sometimes they will!
About the Gbb! Its the first time i see one burrow, atleast a adult female! Very intresting! Mine has never done that, even provided with a deep substrate!

LunarDjinn

Arachnopeon
I actually like the enclosure, including the decoration. Personally, I might go for something a bit bigger, but you want to rehouse anyway, so go for it. I think the amount of sub is fine, the deko is fine, most GBBs rather web than burrow anyway. Only concern may be the mesh top, but otherwise congratulations - this is a good enclosure.
I wish i could take credit for the set up, but that all goes to her previous owner. Reviews seem to be mixed and mostly based on preference which is what I have seen most in the hobby. Regardless, I do intend to provide her with something that offers a bit more floor space and lack of screen mesh.