New to the Hobby. Care Questions for Avicularia, Avicularia.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you I'm very excited to have it and with more experience I hope.tomget more in the future. Yeah it seems to be doing better than when I first brought it home. It moves a around a bit faster and seemed to take to food pretty well. I did my best to measure it's legspan and Id say about 5 1/2". Also tried to get underside pics. They're not the best but it's the best I've gotten so far.
Unfortunately, those pictures aren't focused where we need them to be. I should have been more specific. They need to be focused on the spot between the upper set of booklungs for us to be able to sex it. Like this picture of my female. (Edit: my picture isn't that great either, but hopefully you'll get what I mean)

Also, I'm not sure if it'll be a problem or not in this instance, but the mods might want you to post the pictures in the proper sexing gallery (the epiandrous fusillae one), not add them to this thread.

I agree! OP should also consider looking out for one of those large containers that "cheese balls" and pretzels are packaged in. I'm currently munching my way through a giant tub of pretzels so I can use the enclosure for an arboreal T. :astonished:
They're the best. They're cheap, easy to modify, perfect for arboreals, and come with food! I've been considering setting one up for a fossorial species too.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Unfortunately, those pictures aren't focused where we need them to be. I should have been more specific. They need to be focused on the spot between the upper set of booklungs for us to be able to sex it. Like this picture of my female. (Edit: my picture isn't that great either, but hopefully you'll get what I mean)

Also, I'm not sure if it'll be a problem or not in this instance, but the mods might want you to post the pictures in the proper sexing gallery (the epiandrous fusillae one), not add them to this thread.

They're the best. They're cheap, easy to modify, perfect for arboreals, and come with food! I've been considering setting one up for a fossorial species too.
Given the size, the OP Avic specimen it likely to be maturing out next molt. I guess they find out if it emerges with boxing gloves and hooks. lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The abdomen is right for color/patttern.

The body, not exactly what I’m expecting for 6. I do see white, but in those pics seem to be along length of setae. #6, the setae look like fiber optic lights.