1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the Hobby. Care Questions for Avicularia, Avicularia.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by MelloHippie, Feb 3, 2019.

1. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnoangel Active Member

Advertisement
    Unfortunately, those pictures aren't focused where we need them to be. I should have been more specific. They need to be focused on the spot between the upper set of booklungs for us to be able to sex it. Like this picture of my female. (Edit: my picture isn't that great either, but hopefully you'll get what I mean)

Also, I'm not sure if it'll be a problem or not in this instance, but the mods might want you to post the pictures in the proper sexing gallery (the epiandrous fusillae one), not add them to this thread.

They're the best. They're cheap, easy to modify, perfect for arboreals, and come with food! I've been considering setting one up for a fossorial species too.

2. Rob1985

Rob1985 This user has no status. Old Timer

Given the size, the OP Avic specimen it likely to be maturing out next molt. I guess they find out if it emerges with boxing gloves and hooks. lol

3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

The abdomen is right for color/patttern.

The body, not exactly what I’m expecting for 6. I do see white, but in those pics seem to be along length of setae. #6, the setae look like fiber optic lights.

4. Avicularia Kael

Avicularia Kael Arachnopeon Active Member

I use the same enclosure for mine.