1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Tarantulas!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Daniel266jz, Oct 26, 2017.

1. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince Active Member

Advertisement
    Tell me more ;)

Yes. The mechanical damage will be "worse" but you probably won't really notice that unless it gets infected. The venom creates systematic effects, whereas the bite is localized. Lots of people underestimate the hurt a 9" stirmi would put on you if they got those huge fangs into you. I'm sure they could go halfway through your finger, if that's where they got you.

2. My GBB made a small not so impressive web... how long does it take them to web or do they do different layers everyday? How long should I wait to feed her? Its been a day?

3. Sen L

Sen L Arachnopeon

It's going to web up the whole enclosure pretty soon, just wait. For the food, try to drop a cricket to see if she's interested, then just take it out if she decides to ignore it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you so much. I’ll try that I have her own crickets all set aside lol. I feel a tarantula addiction coming on!

5. Sen L

Sen L Arachnopeon

Back then i promised myself to only own at least 2 or 3, now i have a bunch of them, no regrets tho. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lol I promised my fiancé to I y have one I shouldn’t have said because that’s not happening hahah

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sen L

Sen L Arachnopeon

You better clear out some room for your T's then, cause next thing you know you're out of space for a new one. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lol I have a whole bottom open cabinet space where I can fit a few hahah

9. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

I wish to point out my man that I leaved a 'like' in less than two seconds without reading nothing, without considering the spiders etc but only the colour.

I'm fascinated by details (once I asked @Trenor about a plug, @EulersK about a bottle, @Venom1080 about wood etc) :)

'Rosso cardinale' if my eyes doesn't betray me... but maybe... 'Carminio'? I'm certain 100% isn't 'Vermiglione', uhm :writer:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnobaron Active Member

Could very well be, the paint is Johnstone's "Red Spice", it was the deepest red I could find in the store, in person it looks almost maroon but my camera always makes it look the colour of Manfred von Richthofen's aircraft of choice with or without the flash haha.

• Love Love x 1
  11. My GBB hasn’t eaten it’s been two days and I tried small crickets and I’m leaving them in for 2 hours then I will remove if they are not eaten should I be worried?

12. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoemperor Active Member

No, I don't think so. Maybe isn't hungry at all (despite they eat like cannibals, in general). Post a pic if you can, btw.

13. I will post a pz
    i will post a pic as soon as I can I’m at the park with my son currently

14. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

Lol.. I remember that..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Here is a pic of her she actually caught on cricket and is eating it and caught the other in her web and killed it

Attached Files:

16. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

2 days without food is nothing...in fact, most of us only feed once a week or even less. If you are worried about 2 days not eating, you are feeding way too often....not that this will be detrimental, but the faster a t fills up, the longer it will fast in pre-molt. It takes a certain amount of time for the t to be prepared internally for the next molt...this means you have a pretty significant amount of time to fatten them up.

A t refusing food is almost never something to be concerned about, even if it lasts months at a time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Thank you for the reply. I just got her so I doubt I’m over feeding lol

18. But now that I know I won’t worry so much

• Like Like x 1
  19. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

Although I see how it appeared that I was saying you were over-feeding, that's actually not what I meant....fact is that its hard to over-feed a growing t (an adult, yes)...what I meant was more that its just more frequent than most and that frequent feedings will almost always lead to eventual extended refusal. I more wanted to take the worry out of a t fasting or refusing food for extended periods of time than anythng.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Okay I see exactly what you were referring to now. Thanks for clearing that up. I’ll let her be for another two days and see if she’s hungry if not I’ll just try until she is

• Like Like x 1