New to tarantulas

runCMD

Arachnopeon
I've used the medium Jamie's and liked it and have Exos and LOVE them. Petco has had them on sale for a while - might be worth checking.

Peavey91

Arachnopeon
There's a petclub not to far from where I live the tall nano 8x8x12 is 31 bucks so not to bad same price as amazon.

runCMD

Arachnopeon
I found they didn't have them in store only online and it can take a few weeks unfortunately so if Amazon has it for the same price that'd be the go to. They were 40% off previously.

Peavey91

Arachnopeon
We're you talking about Petco not having them in the store?

There's a petclub, another pet store in the bay area that has them in stock continuously.

Last edited:

runCMD

Arachnopeon
Oh I see awesome thought it was a typo. I'm way up north in wine country so not much around here.

Peavey91

Arachnopeon
Humboldt area or farther north? Yeah there's not many around but they are here. If you are looking for exo terra without shipping it may be worth the drive to check it out

runCMD

Arachnopeon
Sonoma County - I've got 3 nanos and a medium low right now so I'm good. Will probably get a medium or nano tall to move the versi to when it grows up. Right now it's in an enclosure I bought from a member here.

Peavey91

Arachnopeon
Right on I want to get more already but I'm going to wait till these guys grow up and I can convince my girlfriend to let me get more

Peavey91

Arachnopeon
So this Sunday I went out to sunol regional wilderness park, it's like a protected reserve for hiking and what not. Walked along the little Yosemite trial to another trail which name eludes me. Anyways we were walking and my lady told me there was a Webb on a hole in the side of the hill, not a steep hill mind you. I looked inside and couldn't help myself. Took a little branch and coaxed it out. It flicked some hair at me but settled down and crawled back inside it's burrow after I got this photo. What a beautiful little tarantula she was.

I believe it was an aphonopelma Smithi

Attachments

Last edited:

Peavey91

Arachnopeon
Here's the other one, my vagans our roaming from it's multi entranced burrow under that cork bark. It's cute but it's ugly at the same time nice fat and plump, this one I've had no problems feeding. However my versi hasn't accepted any food alive or dead, crickets or baby mealworms. I talked to Kelly, he said that it's siblings are all molting right now, so I'm assuming that's why.

Attachments

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I got l.parahybana as my first slings. I have had them a month and love them. They are about a half inch now and full of attitude and personality they come out at night and burrow during the day.

Peavey91

Arachnopeon
Speaking of burrowing. I got a question. My b. Vagans has burrowed under it's work bark, has like 4 entranced but has sealed all 4 entrances. Ive had him for about a month now and he fed 4 times for me. Is this the beginning of a premolt?

Peavey91

Arachnopeon
First molt on my b vagans!!!!! My versi is still in pre molt 3 weeks later and won't accept food though