New to scorpling care/deathstalker

ERIC cotter

Arachnopeon
So I just got my deathstalker from jrinverts.com, and immediately realized that, like an idiot, I had not asked how large/old it was. Turns out it's a baby (which I suppose explains the great price). I have no problem with this, I have plenty of experience with slings and spiderlings, but is there any special care scorplings require? Another concern is if it can take down crickets its own size or slightly larger, no shop around me sells pinheads, only smalls. I know its venom is strong enough, it just seems very skittish and I'm worried it will just retreat.
Side note, I fully recommend JR's, his packaging was great and he was very quick to respond to emails, I'll likely order from him again.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lqs are quite simple to care for, husbandry wise. Keep it dry with a misting in a corner or side once or twice a week. It can take down things it's own size but I'd tear off the crickets hind legs so it's easier to kill or you can offer prekilled and let it scavenge.

ERIC cotter

Arachnopeon
Lqs are quite simple to care for, husbandry wise. Keep it dry with a misting in a corner or side once or twice a week. It can take down things it's own size but I'd tear off the crickets hind legs so it's easier to kill or you can offer prekilled and let it scavenge.
They can scavenge? All my other inverts ignore anything they did not kill, especially my widows. But i'll definitely try de-limbing the crickets I offer, thank you for the advice!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It may be a bit cruel, but you can paralyse the cricket - keeping it alive and wiggling for a few days but no risk to your scorp!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I would remove the hind legs as previously stated to decrease the jumping. It should hopefully not spook it.