New to Scorpions,Need help.

CallDT98

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I need help I own a snake but I would also like to adventure out and own something new,iv always liked scorpions and I would like to own one I have done some research but there are still a few things I would like to know for example would a Euscorpius scorpion be a good beginner scorpion? and what is the best size vivarium to keep a scorpion in?

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
Hi everyone, I need help I own a snake but I would also like to adventure out and own something new,iv always liked scorpions and I would like to own one I have done some research but there are still a few things I would like to know for example would a Euscorpius scorpion be a good beginner scorpion? and what is the best size vivarium to keep a scorpion in?
The most commonly kept pet scorpions are Dessert hairs, Asian forest, and flat rocks for beginners due to their mild venom and easy care

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Flat Rocks are can rather sensitive, and have some specialized care requirements. Pandinius, Heterometrus, Paravaejovis (from my experience) and some others make good beginner species. I don't know about Euscorpius though. Once you decide on what species you want, research their care and size, and that should help you decide on what size terrarium to get.
Good Luck!

Arthroverts

CallDT98

Arachnopeon
Thanks, sorry to be a pain but what is the most common European scorpion sold in shops because I went to one Saturday and saw they had a bunch of them, they all had the same name and were European,they was small (think were baby's) and a misty white colour.

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
Thanks, sorry to be a pain but what is the most common European scorpion sold in shops because I went to one Saturday and saw they had a bunch of them, they all had the same name and were European,they was small (think were baby's) and a misty white colour.
I don’t know about Europe because I’m from US but there’s literally Asian forest scorps or heterometrus species everywhere here for cheap so I’m guessing there over there too??? I’ll let someone from Europe chime in

CallDT98

Arachnopeon
Yer European scorpions are about £20 here in the UK which to you there about $26 give or take, thanks so much it's hard to find nice people these days and knowing that there are nice,helpful people here is brilliant, that would be brilliant thanks again.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yer European scorpions are about £20 here in the UK which to you there about $26 give or take, thanks so much it's hard to find nice people these days and knowing that there are nice,helpful people here is brilliant, that would be brilliant thanks again.
Do you know what species these "European Scorpions" are?