New To OBT

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
A war, you say? I'm gazing meaningfully at my screen while 'Love is a battlefield' by Pat Bentar plays somberly in the background.
I got a disagree on this by OP. :rofl: Now 2 out of 3 out my disagrees are from people who called me fat!

sasker

Arachnoprince
You talk about wasting peoples time bc i wanted a second opinion...
No, not at all. All I meant was that if you scrolled down in the lists of threads, you would have noticed that your question is very, very similar to a number of questions that have recently been asked. The answers to those questions were all along the lines of "please reconsider buying a fast OW with potent venom. You are not ready for it". You can ask all the questions you want, but you should expect that some people may respond with some humor or sarcasm. You also received a lot of good advice and people are generally very patient.

Hahaha, come on man. Her asking a question shows a lack of respect? Wow. Read back over this thread and then come back and tell me who was lacking respect to start with here.
No, not her asking a question shows lack of respect. She can ask all she wants. As a matter of fact, I did read back of this thread, hence my post. I must admit that I did not get exactly what @miss moxie said, she already retracted what she posted. But what really stood out was @sarahloveshantzel 's 'chubby girl' post in which she directly insulted someone. You can disagree with someone, but there is no reason for personal attacks.

@miss moxie edited her comments and apologised. It would show character if OP did the same.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you want to really attack me sometime in the future, try commenting on my weight. It isn't effective but it does seem to be popular. Where is the emoji that is stuffing it's face with fried chicken? :cigar: Here pretend that's a candy bar. A candy bar with smoke coming off of it.
I need that emoji in my life, or a mixed grill emoji... Can we pretend that the cigar in that emoji is a wrap filled with various animals and that that's steam coming out of the end?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
No, not her asking a question shows lack of respect. She can ask all she wants.
That is literally the opposite of what you said eariler. That you found it disrespectful for her to have ask a question that (in your opinion) could have easily been found on her own.
Is it a sign of disrespect to ask a community consisting of people with much more experience than you questions to which you could have easily found the answers yourself? Yes.
That is exactly what new people do here multiple times a day and pretty much how a lot of people learn how to keep Ts. Which is why that seemed odd to say.

sasker

Arachnoprince
That is literally the opposite of what you said eariler.
You are right. People should be able to ask questions. I did not think my comment through. The way OP responded to the comments she received was the biggest problem here.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
This thread has run the gamut from typical to just plain weird.

Please note: I was not involved. This time. At least not until now. :D