New To OBT

sarahloveshantzel

Arachnopeon
If the OP had properly researched OBTs, she would have found out that it would not be a great idea to purchase an OBT as her second tarantula. She doesn't need to 'triple check' the fact that OBTs are fast, prone to bite/flee and have medically significant venom. One single search on this topic would have revealed that 98% of the advise is a resounding 'NO' to anyone asking if it is a good idea to keep OW with little experience (in her case: 8 months with a B. albo), let alone an OBT.

Is it rude to make fun of such a question? Maybe.
Is it a sign of disrespect to ask a community consisting of people with much more experience than you questions to which you could have easily found the answers yourself? Yes. Especially if she arrogantly states that she knows most of the information she needs already after spending hours of reading and watching clips. And did she really ask if OBTs eat crickets? Or was that just a statement?

OW tarantulas for noobs is a controversial topic. Same as handling, use of ICUs and a few other topics. Surely, in all her hours of research she should know this. If you can't take the heat, then don't ask questions about it.
Everything you said was borderline pretentious and snobby. You talk about wasting peoples time bc i wanted a second opinion...but i wonder how much time you wasted sneering your nose up with that looong drawn out dramatic reply. Best wishes

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Is it a sign of disrespect to ask a community consisting of people with much more experience than you questions to which you could have easily found the answers yourself? Yes.
Hahaha, come on man. Her asking a question shows a lack of respect? Wow. Read back over this thread and then come back and tell me who was lacking respect to start with here.

Wouldn't you rather her ask and get the information on the issues you face when owning an OW then to get one without that information.....
If you can't take the heat, then don't ask questions about it.
Oops.. I guess not, which to me is kinda sad.

It boggles the mind that some people here do not consider asking questions on this message board (devoted to the T hobby) research.
I think someone should be able to come on here, ask anything they had questions about and expect a decent set of responses.

If you think she did not pick up something she needs to consider in her own research then let her know. Pro Tip: You can do that without being rude. Wouldn't it be better if she cared to listen to you (because you didn't come off like a jerk) when you handed out all that sage advice you are typing?

How does trashing someone help anything regardless of your opinion on the question or how controversial you my think it is? Short answer is it doesn't and there isn't really any reason for it.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
You know what I meant ;)

Agreed.

I don't think I was rude with my first couple posts. I was teasing with the first. The delusional one, sure, but I still meant it playfully.
Yuup the problem is that we have a sence of humor that isn't on the same sliding scale as stale wheat thins...I understand it's hard to pull emotion from text but as whole everyone is so damn easily offended these days..

Disclaimer

The above statement isn't aimed at any single member I respect everyone's input even if I don't agree with it..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Yuup the problem is that we have a sence of humor that isn't on the same sliding scale as stale wheat thins...I understand it's hard to pull emotion from text but as whole everyone is so damn easily offended these days..

Disclaimer

The above statement isn't aimed at any single member I respect everyone's input even if I don't agree with it..
Such a shame. :embarrassed:

OP, I hope I didn't come off as too rude. I was really just teasing.

Trenor

Arachnoprince

Disclaimer

Such a shame. :embarrassed:

OP, I hope I didn't come off as too rude. I was really just teasing.
Will someone please take pity on these misunderstood people. :p

Last edited:

Leila

Arachnobaron
But... I didn't want your single disagree to be lonely, so I gave you another one! :shy:

Now, if others sponsor you more disagrees they can have a gang-bang! Yay! :astonished:
Valid point. ;) Plus, a few negative ratings will be nice for my roster; we don't want anyone here to think that I am "too nice" or any such crap. :astonished:

Leila

Arachnobaron
A war, you say? I'm gazing meaningfully at my screen while 'Love is a battlefield' by Pat Bentar plays somberly in the background.
I want to sincerely thank you all for making my otherwise annoying day one full of laughter. :kiss:

And to be clear, I was never attacking you, mox.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I want to sincerely thank you all for making my otherwise annoying day one full of laughter. :kiss:

And to be clear, I was never attacking you, mox.
I never thought you were. If I did, my response would have been less amiable. You pointed out that I was being unfair and while I really was just joking around it's best not to have a chuckle at the expense of others-- no matter how tempting. You were right, I was wrong, and you've nothing to apologize for.

If you want to really attack me sometime in the future, try commenting on my weight. It isn't effective but it does seem to be popular. Where is the emoji that is stuffing it's face with fried chicken? :cigar: Here pretend that's a candy bar. A candy bar with smoke coming off of it.