New test video is out, need you guys' inputs.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey fellow pedeaholics.. I need some help here.
I had the idea to create a new series of invert-related videos where I'd run some background information on the featured species. This is a pilot episode, and obviously quality will improve over time- and you can contribute!
Please tell me how you felt about it, was it too long? Was a live commentary needed? (vs a voice-over with footage of the species?) Was the information provided concrete enough? Does it need a more in-depth approach?
What about my english? (I noticed some moments when I was choking on my words, so to speak, but I can't help it. Though speaking english regularly through those videos will help me improve)

Anyway, here it is : (btw face reveal for those who had not seen my latest video)

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
I had the idea to create a new series of invert-related videos where I'd run some background information on the featured species. This is a pilot episode, and obviously quality will improve over time- and you can contribute!
Please tell me how you felt about it, was it too long? Was a live commentary needed? (vs a voice-over with footage of the species?) Was the information provided concrete enough? Does it need a more in-depth approach?
What about my english? (I noticed some moments when I was choking on my words, so to speak, but I can't help it. Though speaking english regularly through those videos will help me improve)

Anyway, here it is : (btw face reveal for those who had not seen my latest video)
I enjoyed it !! It was a little long and could do with tweaks here and there but for the most part entertaining and educational- maybe put the latin names on screen as well as the images? The camera mans breathing was a little distracting/made me feel a bit uneasy but wasn't unbearable ^w^ I hope you make more ! Subbed :D

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Haha thanks! The guy has never been the subtle one in my group. lol. xD

But I'll be sure to make some more editing next time, and try to make it shorter then :)

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Nice! I'll wait until I get some more colour forms of each before I go into vids on Australian pedes, so as to maximise the amount of diversity I can present. In addition, I'll be branching out into other inverts soon - preferably over the holidays - though pedes will remain my focus. I'll certainly be getting some tarantulas, a couple more scorpions, millipedes, and maybe a few individuals of the giant snail Hedleyella falconeri, though I need to find out more about their diet first.

Hercules Hernandez

Arachnosquire

I think it’s pretty good. I subbed!

Lain

Arachnopeon
Nice video, I think you did a good job! Just thinking of being in a video makes me all sorts of anxious, lol. I had no troubles understanding your English at all. Can't wait to see your next video. :)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Cool to have a centipede YouTuber who knows what they're on about. Subbed.:)

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Oh, one thing, maybe aim for a little more eye contact with the camera; you seemed to be looking below the camera, especially near the beginning.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Well, I didn't expect to get such good reactions! I had noticed the eye contact issue in previous takes, I'll have to be even more careful. :)
When I get my new pedes I'll be able to make videos about dehaani and subspinipes
@Staehilomyces, you should consider amblypygids or uropygids.. would be cool to see

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
We don't have Uropygids in Australia, and our Amblypygids are absolutely tiny. I may get some later, but I'll focus on the more impressive inverts for the time being.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Great video and good resolution! Pretty much what everyone said already.

That's a nice looking animal! A shame cingulata are so rare in the U.S.
a few individuals of the giant snail Hedleyella falconeri.
Whoah! Snails! Never heard of this species before. I know you are probably tired of people comparing NZ and Australia, but NZ has giant carnivorous snails, I was wondering if Australia has similar species?

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
We do have carnivorous snails, but they're not very big. However, we have three big herbivore/fungivore snails: H. falconeri is the largest, with its shell alone measuring 10cm, and also quite nicely patterned. Theristes richmondiana is only slightly smaller, and has a very elegantly shaped shell. Then there's the Southern Flat Coiled snail, whose Latin name escapes me.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You shouldn't be concerned at all about your English (which btw is perfectly fine). Within a couple of decades dat language wouldn't be anymore at the first place because between Mandarin Chinese (or whatever), Arabic**, Latin Spanish and only God knows which ones... I tell you, ih ih :troll:

** Always PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her -- The Goddess)

I didn't liked the fact that you didn't mentioned Italy :(
Christ, S.cingulata here is basically everywhere, to the point that we WC those directly under stones, in woods etc in Center/Southern 'boot' :-/

Last edited:

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
I didn't liked the fact that you didn't mentioned Italy. Christ, S.cingulata here is basically everywhere, to the point that we WC those directly under stones, in woods etc in Center/Southern 'boot' :-/
This is true, cingulata has a wide distribution. I was surprised that the same species can be found in Austria and also in Egypt.
Chris, do you know how the French cingulata differ from Italians? There are not enough pictures of them online for me to tell differences between them but I like this species a lot.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
This is true, cingulata has a wide distribution. I was surprised that the same species can be found in Austria and also in Egypt.
Chris, do you know how the French cingulata differ from Italians? There are not enough pictures of them online for me to tell differences between them but I like this species a lot.
In Italy we have this, the 'classic' looking S.cingulata one (this was a breeding project in Italy by a keeper) v

http://forum.aracnofilia.org/topic/19282-riproduzione-in-cattivita-di-scolopendra-cingulata/

more or less you can find this in the whole Mediterranean area nations (recently here a user from Libya posted the pic of a 'pede spotted near his house that looked one) but I've saw in the market (Poland mostly) a bit more 'darker' S.cingulata.

I love this specie as well, perfect centipedes for start, and very hardy :)

As a 'Cons' in general, IMO they are rare on the market (in Italy 99.99% of S.cingulata kept are all WC) compared of course to how much easily available are Asian ones, and a very rare to get if I'm not wrong in the U.S market one.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey chris! Good to see you in the myriapod section for once lol :)
Shame I didn't mention Italy as I know they are abundant there.. though I said they were found everywhere around the mediterranean sea :troll:

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
What do you guys want to see next? Subspinipes or dehaani? Seems I can't decide alone lol