New terestial style tanks

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all,

I took these plastic trays from where I work. We make them for a refridgerator-company to be used as vegetable-bins. Some sligt modification including a polystyrene clear plastic lid and a frame made them perfect for small to semilarge terrestial T's. I think that my testsubject liked it.

Have a good one,

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool idea! but if i ere you i would take that plastic lid of and melt or drill about 20 0r 30 more holes in it. without proper ventilation you invite a host of nasties in due to the higher humidity. Does that lid lock down in any way other than the velcro? i could see an escape route through the front where the label is. i've had my rosehair attempt escape more than a few times, and an escaped T, no matter what it is, could be bad.

Sweet setup , i like the idea!

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There is a mesh grid glued to a opening in the lid, and as for the escape route the lid is secured to the frame so no bending or prying is possible.
I will look for other alternatives than velcro for locking. I wouldn't put a pokie in there, rather terrestial more docile species.

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not complaing, it is a sweet setup. I just thought you might want more ventilation rosies like it dry and arid, they are from the desert.

Mustacherose

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Wh1te, thats awesome, but isn't the water bowl a bit big? Wouldn't that be too humid for a Rosie?

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have checked the humidity and it's between 50-60%. There is also a coupple of milimeters between the lid and the tank. It should be fine, although i agree that the waterbowl is a tad big.

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wh1teshark said:
I have checked the humidity and it's between 50-60%. There is also a coupple of milimeters between the lid and the tank. It should be fine, although i agree that the waterbowl is a tad big.
As long as the humidity is resonable (and it is) and the bowl isnt to deep (doesnt look to be) then it should be fine. Nice set up btw. I love seeing custom enclosures.

Wh1teshark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you Shaun!

It's good because they didn't cost me anything to make. All material are scrap from the place I work and a carpenting shop.

I have the material to make 14 of these, but no T's to put in them :8o

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wh1teshark said:
Thank you Shaun!

It's good because they didn't cost me anything to make. All material are scrap from the place I work and a carpenting shop.

I have the material to make 14 of these, but no T's to put in them :8o

Then you better get started shopping and filling them up a.s.a.p.!

The mo' Ts, the mo' better.

Cool use of "scraps" too. I always like seeing what people can come up with.