New Tarantulas: Avicularia minatrix and Thrigmopoeus trunculentus

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I placed an order with Southern Spider Works the other day. I ordered a spider that I have been frothing over for a long time now, Avicularia minatrix. I also got one that I really just took notice of and that is Thrigmopoeus trunculentus. They tossed in a B. vagans freebie.

Here is the A. minatrix:

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is the Thrigmopoeus trunculentus:

Last edited:

cotton

Arachnopeon
those are gorgeous t's, Im especially impressed with that Avic what a little beaut!.

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thrig trunc. is one of my favorites. They are good eaters and I love the dark copper color. Let me know when yours is sexable I would be interested to know what sex you have. I have a 2+ in. male I think. Not quite sure

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good choices, how big is the Thrig.? I have thought about this species with past orders I have placed but haven't gotten around to getting one yet.

Andy

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They get to around 6",If you look carefully at there setae they have markings on it like P cambridgei,An absolutely awesome spider! Starting to become quite popular over here!;) :D

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If I'm not mistaken, there are two different color forms to A. minatrix. One has the brown carapace and legs and the other one has a pink sheen to it. Or is it just the difference between an old molt and a fresh one?

Jon

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my minatrix molted a couple of weeks ago, carpace is same size, ab is a bit smaller, legs 2X length. Pain in the butt with roach nymphs but enjoys the house flies I toss in.
Rev

Aviculariinae

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If I'm not mistaken, there are two different color forms to A. minatrix
Yeah there is a few colour morphs,Ive seen some strange ones,The molting process does cause a slight change in colour!