New Tarantula

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Well I got my second T, couldn't resist when I saw this one up for sale:
Brachypelma Emilia Juvenile still need to tweak the enclosure I underestimated how much substrate I needed.

Also is it too early to identify the sex or is that something that I can do once he or she molts. IMG-20170627-WA0011.jpeg IMG-20170627-WA0014.jpeg

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Congrats! Their pattern is so interesting! Mine definitely takes its time growing. If you got a female, it will be with you for a very long time.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Congratulations -- a lovely B emilia. Too small for me to guess gender from your ventral pix -- a moult exo will help. Sorry you didn't buy enough substrate -- but easily fixed.

Best of luck with him/her! I know my B emilia is a favourite here. Hope you have years of joy with this one! :)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Your B. emelia. is one of the most beautiful brachy's you can get IMO, hopefully it's a lady and you have many years with this stunning girl, mind you if it's male then you'll still have a few years with it, maybe as many as 3 hopefully. My MM B. hamorri (smithi then) lived to be 4 years and 5 months, so not bad going for a male. He's my avatar <<<<<

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't like that first photo. You shouldn't let them climb the sides like that. :troll:;)

Nice spider! Enjoy.