New Tarantula to My Collection!

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I just got a new tarantula for my birthday and I AM IN LOVE!!!!
It’s a 2.5-3” female Poecilotheria Regalis!!! And I have named her Madison I am new to Poekies so if anyone has tips as to care and any other useful info please don’t hesitate to let me know!!
0B703D85-4725-4C73-AC02-BF298823E845.jpeg
07E93015-D3BD-4C76-82E9-067147CF7530.jpeg

Minty

@londontarantulas
Give her cork bark, or similar, to climb on and hide in. Congratulations on the new addition.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
P. regalis is my favorite pokie in terms of appearance. It's just so pretty. Congrats on the new T!

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Pokies are easy. Give it something to hide behind, a nice water dish and marvel at how fast they move when they detect prey. Pokies are pretty drought resistant so you can either moisten the substrate or let it dry out completely and your T will be fine.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Who sexed the spider as female? I wouldn't trust the judgement of a pet store that keeps a Pokie in an enclosure like that...

But congratulations on the new T! As others said, provide vertical cork bark as a hide - these are arboreal. They are fast. They are awesome. Enjoy!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Who sexed the spider as female? I wouldn't trust the judgement of a pet store that keeps a Pokie in an enclosure like that...

But congratulations on the new T! As others said, provide vertical cork bark as a hide - these are arboreal. They are fast. They are awesome. Enjoy!
Yeah especially when most my aboreal molts get destroyed , I doubt any pet store employees can sex any T.
Hope he didn’t pay extra for female.
I got many male avics from petstores.
You got 50% chance hehe:jimlad: often males fade as they grow.
Molt is 100%

Last edited:

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire

The person at the pet store sexed it, but when I got it Home I double checked and it seems to have a “spermathecae vent”

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The person at the pet store sexed it, but when I got it Home I double checked and it seems to have a “spermathecae vent”
Ventral sexing can be done if you know what you're looking for, but I would definitely be checking the first molt you get!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Ventral sexing can be done if you know what you're looking for, but I would definitely be checking the first molt you get!
Maybe he can post pics of ventral, I’m not too good at guessing sex this way . But other people are !!! Sometimes I can see furrow .

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Looks girl to me.

They rely alot on camoflage, especially once they're bigger. Not too much defensiveness most of the time.

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
Thanks, I can’t wait to get more of these beauties
They are amazing. I got mine when she was 2cm. She's now 7cm, and showing such vibrant colours. she's even got blue on her feet, as well as yellow stripes on the underside of her legs! Each molt brings somethin new to the table! :)