New tank set up how does it look?

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
I remade my communal tank for my Isometrus maculatus to make it look better and more natural-ish. It is a twenty gallon tank with 1-2 inches of sand in the bottom then 2 -3 inches of a soil mixture (potting soil, sphagnum moss, cocopeat, trimmed pieces of wild mosses, and sand) then an inch of cocopeat and sand over the last layer. I planted a baby African violet some baby tears and nerve plant. I have one vertical hide made with two Pieces of bark from a monkey pod tree. I also have a couple of horizontal hides made from Manila tamarind bark and more monkeypod bark. I’m going to add some leaf litter from some jungle hibiscus( or wild hibiscus).
This is what it looks like I’ll add some more pictures later. Any suggestions as of what I can do to improve it?

Attachments

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
I forgot to add something. I have a small orchid and some ficus vines in the tank as well. I have 12 sub-adults to adults in the tank; 5 males then 7 females, as a clean up crew I have two different types of wild isopods and spring tails that popped up. There are some millipedes that showed up should I take them out as I find them?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice enclosure! I would add some more slanted and horizontal pieces of bark though to give the scorps more places to hang out. The leaf litter should help give the young (assuming the reproduce) somewhere to hide. You'll want to make sure there are plenty of isopods in there since that seems to be a good food source for them. I'd probably remove the millipedes unless they're a tiny species. Keep in mind with millipedes and isopods they'll break down the leaf litter at a pretty good rate, so just be ready to add more as time goes on. They'll munch on the bark too.

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
Nice enclosure! I would add some more slanted and horizontal pieces of bark though to give the scorps more places to hang out. The leaf litter should help give the young (assuming the reproduce) somewhere to hide. You'll want to make sure there are plenty of isopods in there since that seems to be a good food source for them. I'd probably remove the millipedes unless they're a tiny species. Keep in mind with millipedes and isopods they'll break down the leaf litter at a pretty good rate, so just be ready to add more as time goes on. They'll munch on the bark too.
Yeah I have tons and tons of hatchling isopods in there right now. The millipedes are about an inch long, do you think that’s fine? I’ll definitely add some leaf litter and hides then. Anything else I could do?

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
D83AEE81-B53A-4A5E-9A5F-15EA610811C7.jpeg 827AE9AE-2887-49B9-8EFA-B3C27D4DD5F9.jpeg
Love communals :angelic:, hope they reproduce for you.
Earlier today when I checked I found one of my females gave birth:) I don’t want to disturb her so I didn’t get any photos, but I did find some females with scorplings outside where I collected them and I got pictures of them:p

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
image.jpg image.jpg

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I now see why there is a large trig in your enclosure as opposed to vertical cork planted with air plants or similar - I don,t think one of the larger species of Praying Mantis in your communal tank is a good idea.

Finitefeather

Arachnopeon
I now see why there is a large trig in your enclosure as opposed to vertical cork planted with air plants or similar - I don,t think one of the larger species of Praying Mantis in your communal tank is a good idea.
In the back there is two 8 inch pieces of bark with a space of about half an inch at the farthest apart going about two inches into the soil. I’ll add some more if needed. The praying mantis was only in there for a little bit, her enclosure had mold in it so I was cleaning it out so I put her in there while I was doing that.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah I have tons and tons of hatchling isopods in there right now. The millipedes are about an inch long, do you think that’s fine? I’ll definitely add some leaf litter and hides then. Anything else I could do?
I love the additions, I think that'll be perfect for them. If the millipedes are adults I think that'll be fine. All those extra isopods will be greatly appreciated by the scorplings I'm sure!