New Tailless Whip Scorpion/Spider Questions And ID!

Kade135

Arachnopeon
Hi! I’ve got over 30 Arachnids and this is the first Whip Scorpion I’ve gotten. I’m curious, what kind is this? I’m curious how big she will get, along with a predicted lifespan. I’ve read they can live a couple years, and I’ve also read up to 15+, I honestly would like a flat answer on lifespan, and what kind I have. Also... keep home wet and humid?
Thanks!

Attachments

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Keep home warm and humid, not necessarily wet. That looks like an adult Damon diadema, which means both that she won't get much bigger than that and that her remaining lifespan is pretty unpredictable. However, actual maximum lifespan is generally somewhere in the 10+ range. Feed fairly large prey about once a week, though sometimes they'll just refuse food for a while. Set up a terrarium with lots of vertical and near vertical surfaces.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Be sure she has a piece of vertical or diagonal cork bark (or other rough, easily-gripped surface) that she can hang underneath to molt. Whip spiders continue to molt after they mature, and they need to do it while hanging upside down with enough empty space underneath to stretch out their appendages. Don't keep the environment too wet or stuffy, or you'll have problems with mold. There needs to be good ventilation, too. I actually let the substrate in my enclosures dry out between waterings.