New T

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nowdays in Sweden wikd caught is not that common since nowdays there ate lots of breeders. But earlier there where many wild caught spiders sold

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Nowdays in Sweden wikd caught is not that common since nowdays there ate lots of breeders. But earlier there where many wild caught spiders sold
Wild caught B. vagans in Sweden?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, wild caught in that sense that a tarantula, say a B vagans is wildcaught in Mexico and sold in Sweden. In opposition to CB, a tarantula is mated in Sweden or other place and her offspring is sold in Sweden!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Seriously? I've read B. vegans now three times in a row from three different people... the species' name is B. vagans! :rolleyes:

And Grammostola aureostriata is G. pulchripes since 2009 (afaik). ;)

@Irma G Have fun with your new T! :)

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Just get them all. I started with 1 and now i have 25. I don't feel like it is that hard to take care of them all.

Irma

Arachnopeon
I did get her. Turns out it was not just a good price it was more of a rescue. This poor spider's "enclosure" that was included in the price was horrifying. I actually went
right after picking her up and bought her a new home, It was really bad..
I've attached photo's. The first empty enclosure is the "home" I got her in. and the other one is the new one I bought for her. and I attached photo's of her.

Attachments

Irma

Arachnopeon
They also said they they use to "handle" her so she's "used" to it, but she was not if she was handled, I think it was mishandled..
She's very skittish but I hope that once she's settled in her new home with me that she will get more relaxed.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Tarantulas dont get used to being handled. They are no dogs! That was BAD said of him that you bought it from!
Dont handle it! The older and larger a tarantula it is even "more" bad than handle a spiderling ( slings should not being handled eigher) there are only risks with handling. You induce stress to the animal, you can drop it ir you are under the risk being bitten!
Everybody has their own view of handling, mine is not to do it, should it be moved. Do it with a small container!. This is my view on it as i said!
Are you unsure how to do it, i think i have seen Tom Moran did it in several videos!

Last edited:

Irma

Arachnopeon
I know. I was very nervous when I re-homed her as I said I am new to the whole hobby and my other 2 T's are still tiny, the one is still a sling and the other is a juvenile,
so the size of this new one got to me a bit and I have to say I was really shaking when I moved her, but I did it and managed to do it carefully and safely and I'm sure she is very much
better off in my care... I moved her exactly like you just said, I slowly let her walk
into a smaller container and then out into her new home, with as little stress on her as possible..

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Beautiful T! I'm glad she found a good home, although the new enclosure definitely needs more substrate. I'd fill it up till it reaches the doors. And pack it down tightly, looks a bit too fluffy right now. ;)

Irma

Arachnopeon
Beautiful T! I'm glad she found a good home, although the new enclosure definitely needs more substrate. I'd fill it up till it reaches the doors. And pack it down tightly, looks a bit too fluffy right now. ;)
Thank you for the tip, I will do that!!

Irma

Arachnopeon
I currently have 10, personally i order from Petbugs and Rozzers. they have a wide variety and great service.

I got my first two from Rozzers as well. Besides for the one I just got, I will keep on getting from Rozanne if I want to get more... They are very professional and quick!

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I currently have 10, personally i order from Petbugs and Rozzers. they have a wide variety and great service.

That's interesting, we have multiple different baboons spiders here in South Africa however our regulations are very strict. In some provinces you are not allowed to keep any T's at all not even exotics. Im sure it will be very rare to get a WC exotic here, maybe an escaped pet but that's it.
Yes we have regulations to, but smugglers always finds ways!

Arachn0Boy217

Arachnopeon
Yes agree, and she has a wide variety. im glad you rescued that T those conditions looked bad.

Irma

Arachnopeon
And on top of rescuing her, I didn't even notice until yesterday that the poor thing is missing a leg, you can see it if you re-look at the photo's
I attached of her.. Poor thing, but she's ok and she's already eaten as well.

Arachn0Boy217

Arachnopeon
And on top of rescuing her, I didn't even notice until yesterday that the poor thing is missing a leg, you can see it if you re-look at the photo's
I attached of her.. Poor thing, but she's ok and she's already eaten as well.
I see yes, such a shame. but she will eventually grow it back. Good luck with your new T

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Great thing she already has a new home. Don't forget to post with some updates :)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Yes, the first rehousing of an adult can be a bit nerve racking, but it seems as if things went well. Tom Moran has a great YouTube channel and has a number of videos that deal with the best way to rehouse - without all the unnecessary 'mishaps' that aren't really mishaps.

Phia

Arachnopeon
:eek: Oh she's fabulous! Missing legs are not a big concern for T. Congrats, friend!