New T owner

sjeckert6297

Arachnopeon
So I got my first T yesterday afternoon. A G. Rosea. I got her from someone who got her as a spiderling and had her for the past 18 months or so. I have a million and 1 different questions about this spider. I want to make sure that I take care of her the right way. Can anyone give me an idea of how old she is and if indeed she is a she and not a he? :) Her body is about 2.5 inches long. She was being fed dead pinkies, so I got her a few crickets today. It has been over a week since she was last fed, so we will see what happens. She was in a home where she had no heat but the house was set at a nice 73 degrees. We are a bit cooler here and I keep the house on 67, so I got her a small under-tank heater to help. I do not have a light on her all the time but I do have a black light that I put on her for a few hours yesterday in the evening so that we could watch her. Is that OK? As you can see I have lots and lots of questions but I don't want to bore everyone so I'll save some for later and maybe I can find some answers in here somewhere.

hasani1408

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
welcome to the addiction! you really don't need a heat pad but if you use one put it on the side of the tank not the bottom. you could bake her that way. the best way to tell the sex of a T is with the molt. and feeding pinkies is not a good food source stick to crickets or roaches.