New T mid molt when opening

Xafron

Arachnosquire
That's rough man. I hope the little thing makes it through, and I hope this seller will do what's right and send you another.

Ondottr

Arachnopeon
Man, this is sad! I'm watching this thread and rooting for the little guy!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
While I agree that this is mostly avoidable, and the lack of a prompt response is not a good sign, I would still give the seller a chance to correct the problem before posting a review. (Mistakes sometimes happen; it's how the seller responds that matters.)
It's been nearly a week. The seller has had plenty opportunity to respond with a proposal, instead of waiting to see if this spider makes it. It is bad manners imo to wait and see if the spider makes it, like @Jason B mentioned. Something like an apology doesn't take much...

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
It's been nearly a week. The seller has had plenty opportunity to respond with a proposal, instead of waiting to see if this spider makes it. It is bad manners imo to wait and see if the spider makes it, like @Jason B mentioned. Something like an apology doesn't take much...
Im not one to really push something more of a go with the flow person. This does suck I've sent probably 5 or 6 emails atleast since the last response I received on Friday. Ive sent pics and updates. Was told that was terrible on the last response and to leave it alone it'll pull through. But I was pretty sure it was past that point as the fangs were already red when I opened the package which I assumed and may be wrong but meant it was on it's way to hardening. Was told "trying to help" can do more damage than good. So I was afraid to help at first in case something did happen it would be a you messed with it and that's with it died. But as time went realised didn't look optimistic that there would be any help. So instead of losing a $70 spider I would atleast make an attempt. I do want to wait on a review he was the only one I could find with a g. Pulchra sling and I didn't see any bad reviews on here either they were all good not any cons. so I thought I'll go ahead. But it does suck being so new to this we've had my son's b albopilosum now it's 3 weeks. Honestly scared to order have them shipped again some of these aren't cheap and to chance this situation again is kinda scary. I understand stuff happens out of our control. This just sucks. She doesn't hardly move at all so I'm never really sure if she's alive at all. And shell finally twitch or something and I'm like whew. I do want to thank everyone again for everything y'all have been awesome

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
That's rough man. I hope the little thing makes it through, and I hope this seller will do what's right and send you another.
TBH the seller should never have sent the T in the first place.
Man, this is sad! I'm watching this thread and rooting for the little guy!
I'm rooting for the wee fella as well, a damn shame and a disgrace from the seller.
100% @Andrea82 I was just about to post the exact same as yourself, a week and neither an apology nor an explanation, just not good enough.....I so want the T to make it, despite my previous post, which was out of concern for the suffering he's endured.

Come on fella you can do it........

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Well I was in luck my local pet store did have wax worms. It's been a week today since I got her was thinking about pulverizing one of the wax worms maybe add some water and get a little soupy and see if she would take it tonight. Good idea or should I wait a little bit longer. Her fangs seem to be rather dark last night but I wouldn't say completely black

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
20170615_185636.jpg
Well I was in luck my local pet store did have wax worms. It's been a week today since I got her was thinking about pulverizing one of the wax worms maybe add some water and get a little soupy and see if she would take it tonight. Good idea or should I wait a little bit longer. Her fangs seem to be rather dark last night but I wouldn't say completely black
Well I don't know for sure because she doesn't really move anyways and every time I think she is she moves. But as of right now I think she may have passed. I did go ahead and put some wet mushed up wax work on her mouth and changed out towels for clean ones and crossing my fingers bit I don't know this time gonna email seller and update him but not optimistic no responses thus far since friday. And she never got Tobias her enclosure I went and got and set up just for her others got deli cups. She was gonna be special lol

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I really hope she turns around. The seller sucks.
As long as there is some movement and no smell or deflated abdomen, I'd keep trying, but that is me. I don't think anyone could fault you for not doing enough at this point, whether you choos to stop the intensive care or carry on. :)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I really hope she turns around. The seller sucks.
As long as there is some movement and no smell or deflated abdomen, I'd keep trying, but that is me. I don't think anyone could fault you for not doing enough at this point, whether you choos to stop the intensive care or carry on. :)
So true you've done so much to help the poor wee fella, you can't blame yourself as I'm sure you already know, these things are unavoidable when sent in pre-molt, your commitment has been relentless, sorry it has come to this, as I said the seller should hang his head in shame, has he/she been in touch with you yet. I commend you in all your efforts to remedy the situation. Wishing you all the best pal.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
So true you've done so much to help the poor wee fella, you can't blame yourself as I'm sure you already know, these things are unavoidable when sent in pre-molt, your commitment has been relentless, sorry it has come to this, as I said the seller should hang his head in shame, has he/she been in touch with you yet. I commend you in all your efforts to remedy the situation. Wishing you all the best pal.
No contact since Friday have sent daily or every other day updates and pics. Ibe sent Maybe 5 or 6 emails since his last reply which was Friday. I emailed last night and was up front about honestly not being a 100% that she had passed because she's fooled me a few times. But she really hadn't moved in a while i did it as gently as i Could i would pet her top and abdomen hoping she mught shoe some movement. She had fooled me yesterday and when i rubbed her abdomen she jumped a little but no reply yet i really hope I do but with my experience so far I don't know

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Unfortunately she has passed I was feeling optimistic being as we made it a week I was excited and looking forward to trying to feed her. She's gone limp and is starting to smell tonight. I'm going tobtry seller one more time and confirm with him she is dead and I'll see how it goes from there. At this point still no response since last Friday. Just wanted to update everyone with unfortunately bad news. Really sucks I've been looking just to see if any were available and didn't really have any luck. I didn't put alot of effort into searching because of what I just spent on these can't really justify spending again right now so that sucks. Wasn't a huge amount but being new to it and having to get everything to set up to adds up. Which I know everyone knows. I went a little over in anticipation for her lol she was going tonget the special treatment others were getting deli cups for now till they get a little bigger. Well I want to thank everyone for everything. Wish it would have ended on happier terms. Thanks

keks

Arachnobaron
I'm so sad about this bad news, you have tried all you could, but it didn't help :(. Such a terrible first step into this wonderful hobby shouldn't be and much less because of such an irresponsibly behavior of this vendor.
I hope he will now refund your lost and you can restart with better experiences.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Aw, that sucks, I'm so sorry you lost her. :(
You've done absolutely everything that could be done for her. I hope the seller will come through with something, at least a partial refund to make up for the loss.
There's no hurry to get another one, you just take your time. I can imagine this situation has an impact, so take it easy. :)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Unfortunately she has passed I was feeling optimistic being as we made it a week I was excited and looking forward to trying to feed her. She's gone limp and is starting to smell tonight.
I'm sorry for your loss (and especially that it was the Grammostola pulchra).

I've been looking just to see if any were available and didn't really have any luck.
Since it was the seller's error to send a tarantula that was in pre-molt, I would hope that he would either send you another pulchra or refund the price of that tarantula so you can find another one.

Ondottr

Arachnopeon
So sorry for your loss, dude! :(
I really hope the vendor sends you another one, or at least gives you a refund so you can try getting another pulchra when you're ready.
You definitely did everything you could for the little guy.
I sincerely hope you have better luck with any future Ts!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I'm so sorry. You really went the extra mile to help this poor T and I appreciate how frustratingly hopeful and hopeless it all seemed.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Sorry that you had this bad experience. I hope the seller makes it right.

I don't know the seller at all, but in his defense (as far as sending it out when he did) it can be very difficult to tell when a G. pulchra is in premolt. They're already jet black, so there is no color change to go by. I thought that my G. pulchra male was in premolt many times when he wasn't, just because he had been refusing food for a while, and hadn't molted in a long time. Then out of the blue, he would start eating again. Just really unlucky timing in this case.