New T mid molt when opening

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
@N1ghtFire Here are some better pics I hope best I can get. I did put another droplet on his fangs/mouth area just now when I got home. His legs and pedipalps seem to keep getting twisted up in that area also. I just had to move pedipalps I believe it was out from under his fang again. There so twisted. The other sorry is the angle of it's body and abdomen it looks like it will have a hard time drinking in its own it's mouth area is stuck up in the air 20170610_171936.jpg 20170610_171954.jpg 20170610_172011.jpg 20170610_171817.jpg

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Remaining back 2 legs are off now. I honestly can't remember I asked my wife. She says we left it on it's back when we left the house earlier u had put a droplet of water to drink. But when we got home it was right side up. I call it an it cause I don't know what it is yet what do you all call them before you know if it's male or female. Sorry off subject just trying to take my mind off this. Sucks it's our 2nd spider ever and first time order online and shipping so it's been an ordeal with this. Itd not about the money at this point I honestly just want it to make it but it does suck I paid for this 1 3/4" sling what we paid for out mature female b albopilosum. And im afraid im gonna lose it. To go from just getting into this to having to stress and hand feed and water one is crazy. It was the biggest one out of the 3 we got and looked to be really packed in the paper towel roll. I dont know if it really jumped in size when it moltes or what but there wasnt a chance of it getting out with the room it had just sucks. Sorry it's just all I could think about since we've go them Thursday. I've been in here every chance I can get checking on it and doing what I can which isn't much with my complete lack of experience. I don't think i have noticed fang/mouth area not moving from what ive seen is that normal. I believe it's staying hydrated I'm trying to water a few times a day since Friday. Just worried if that area is messed up from the bad molt. When I try to feed when time comes they won't work and it can't eat. One looks positioned normal but the other comes in from the side and is sticking out a bit. I will try and get a pic hopefully of the mouth area.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
@N1ghtFire. Still some water from just trying to get it a drink. And is this the correct area. I've been using a small soft fine brush and dipping in bottle water and getting a droplet on top and letting it rest the droplet right on the fangs. I want to thank y'all so much for all the help and optimism I'm crossing fingers and hoping it makes it and turns in the the beautiful T it's meant to be. And wanted to add also I've mentioned a few times the angle of main body to abdomen noticed now that back legs are gone abdomen seems to be twisted I'm relation to main body. Spinnerets are to the left of her body instead of inline with the center line of its body 20170611_202426.jpg 20170611_202401.jpg

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I'm sorry you and the T are going through all this -- I know it must be stressful and frustrating. I know you must feel at a loss of whether to be hopeful or not; or whether this is all for nothing.
It's a lot to take on.

Sorry this happened and wish I could help you more. :(

Leila

Arachnobaron
I am so sorry that your little guy/gal is in such a bad way...it breaks my heart...

My love goes out to you both right now. ::hugs::

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
As @Leila has put he/she, guy/gal is what I usually use when I don't know the sex, back to the point, I have to say your wee guy/gal doesn't look like it will stand much of a chance, I thought about posting this earlier, but thought NO give the wee guy/gal a chance, looking at the picture today and your description, don't you feel it's time to say "I've done all I can for the poor wee guy/gal, time to put it out of it's misery" I really didn't want to post this, I'm thinking of the spider and all this stress it's been through, tough call but it's what I would do, this is in no way your fault and you've been fantastic looking after the T, but I feel the time is nigh. Sending you both lots and lots of positive vibes from the UK. Do the right thing, what YOU! feel is the right thing as your there in person seeing what we can't.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
If it drinks, it has a chance. If it flips itself over, it has a chance.
Not big ones, but they are there, and it will ask a bit more than you bargained for.
When fangs are black, you can try to feed it waxworm goo. Just cut a waxworm, and put the innards on the spiders mouthparts.
Keep the spider slightly warmer than your other ones,offer drops of water and later waxworm soup as much as it will take. The goal is to get it to molt sooner, which wouldn't take that long since it is a sling.

How is the contact with the seller coming along?
I feel he was in the wrong actually. If you breed/keep Theraphosids, at this size they show obvious signs of pre-molt. And when in pre-molt, you DON'T ship. You just don't.
He/she owes you another spider imo, regardless of this one making it or not.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
As @Leila has put he/she, guy/gal is what I usually use when I don't know the sex, back to the point, I have to say your wee guy/gal doesn't look like it will stand much of a chance, I thought about posting this earlier, but thought NO give the wee guy/gal a chance, looking at the picture today and your description, don't you feel it's time to say "I've done all I can for the poor wee guy/gal, time to put it out of it's misery" I really didn't want to post this, I'm thinking of the spider and all this stress it's been through, tough call but it's what I would do, this is in no way your fault and you've been fantastic looking after the T, but I feel the time is nigh. Sending you both lots and lots of positive vibes from the UK. Do the right thing, what YOU! feel is the right thing as your there in person seeing what we can't.
As I said I really didn't want to post this, hope the wee fella/gal has made some improvement, sorry f the post sounded callous it's not meant to, I'm all for the spider recovering, I really feel sorry for it.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
As @Leila has put he/she, guy/gal is what I usually use when I don't know the sex, back to the point, I have to say your wee guy/gal doesn't look like it will stand much of a chance, I thought about posting this earlier, but thought NO give the wee guy/gal a chance, looking at the picture today and your description, don't you feel it's time to say "I've done all I can for the poor wee guy/gal, time to put it out of it's misery" I really didn't want to post this, I'm thinking of the spider and all this stress it's been through
I don't think that would be the right call, the spider is suffering but it still has the will to live, I don't thinks it's hopeless just yet these animals can be surprisingly hardy. Once it's taken a meal it should be heading on its way to recover, I'm staying optimistic.
@N1ghtFire. Still some water from just trying to get it a drink. And is this the correct area. I've been using a small soft fine brush and dipping in bottle water and getting a droplet on top and letting it rest the droplet right on the fangs. I want to thank y'all so much for all the help and optimism I'm crossing fingers and hoping it makes it and turns in the the beautiful T it's meant to be. And wanted to add also I've mentioned a few times the angle of main body to abdomen noticed now that back legs are gone abdomen seems to be twisted I'm relation to main body. Spinnerets are to the left of her body instead of inline with the center line of its body View attachment 243036 View attachment 243037
The seller should send you another specimen, shipping out Ts in pre molt is bad, this is not your fault...

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
I have been sending him updates. I haven't heard back since Friday. I'm fixing to send him a update this morning with pics of how he/she is now. And just go from there. My wife keeps saying the same thing. But I haven't gotten the vibe he's going to do anything which doesn't mean anything but. So we'll see. I am going to try and wait till he/she can try to eat and go from there. I want to give he/she a shot. We've come this far he/she and I are invested now so were gonna give it a go and hope for the best. @N1ghtFire what do you recommend as for as food in thus situation. He/she is smaller I would say if was complete probably 2ish inch range was supposedly 1 3/4 before shipping. I don't know if I have roaches locally. I think a pet store in the town I work out of has crickets for sure and I believe some variety of worms also.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I have been sending him updates. I haven't heard back since Friday. I'm fixing to send him a update this morning with pics of how he/she is now. And just go from there. My wife keeps saying the same thing. But I haven't gotten the vibe he's going to do anything which doesn't mean anything but. So we'll see. I am going to try and wait till he/she can try to eat and go from there. I want to give he/she a shot. We've come this far he/she and I are invested now so were gonna give it a go and hope for the best. @N1ghtFire what do you recommend as for as food in thus situation. He/she is smaller I would say if was complete probably 2ish inch range was supposedly 1 3/4 before shipping. I don't know if I have roaches locally. I think a pet store in the town I work out of has crickets for sure and I believe some variety of worms also.
Food: waxworms. See my post above. ;)

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Ok I'll check today on way home and hopefully they have those if by chance they don't is there anything else?

Last edited:

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
If you can get it eating through any method it could very well recover, regeneration is a marvelous thing. One of my Damon diadema was missing 3 legs when I got him and although not nearly as crippled as your T, he was definitely slowed down by it but after his last molt I can't even tell he was ever missing legs.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
If you can get it eating through any method it could very well recover, regeneration is a marvelous thing. One of my Damon diadema was missing 3 legs when I got him and although not nearly as crippled as your T, he was definitely slowed down by it but after his last molt I can't even tell he was ever missing legs.
So I assume he/she won't be whole after one molt but how much of a recovery could I expect. How do the legs that are completely gone regrow or do they slowly grow from the point they were lost.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
The new exo forms inside of tarantula without regard to what may be missing currently; that said -- missing appendages may be undersized and take a few moults to emerge as fully whole.

Amazing really.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
So I assume he/she won't be whole after one molt but how much of a recovery could I expect. How do the legs that are completely gone regrow or do they slowly grow from the point they were lost.
Well I've never personally dealt with T's regenerating but I believe legs just come back but kinda smaller and over a few molts return to full size.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I don't think that would be the right call, the spider is suffering but it still has the will to live, I don't thinks it's hopeless just yet these animals can be surprisingly hardy. Once it's taken a meal it should be heading on its way to recover, I'm staying optimistic
I'm staying optimistic as well, I posted what I thought was right for the spider, hopefully it will eat and drink so it can moult again. I saw the pictures from today and was so shocked, my post was a knee jerk reaction to what I saw. I'm hoping the spider pulls through, for both the spider and the devoted owners sake. It SUCKS BIG TIME. The breeder should never have sent it in pre-moult, that's a bad, bad move on his part.