New T mid molt when opening

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
im pretty sure i did status has changed a few times. says they will contact me if its needed.
Contact them again, just to make sure everything is ok, you crossed the t's and dotted the i's yes, seems strange it's taking so long. Contact them buddy.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Hey @Bhickman I'm just echoing what @Ungoliant has asked, PayPal are really taking their time over the claim, any changes yet mate? This really is the last thing you need after all that you went through, but you've got to finish this on the winning side, there is no way not to rule in your favour. Hang in there pal.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Hey @Bhickman I'm just echoing what @Ungoliant has asked, PayPal are really taking their time over the claim, any changes yet mate? This really is the last thing you need after all that you went through, but you've got to finish this on the winning side, there is no way not to rule in your favour. Hang in there pal.
Nothing yet and no replies. I happened to use PayPal credit so the good thing is right now I'm not out anything. They suspended the amount I filed the claim for. So as of right now I'm not out anything on the g. Pulchra. Just cost of a. Metallica and shipping. Which is fine of course since it arrived fine. By the way I assume it's in premolt because it hasn't ate in I believe a week or so. But hasn't molted yet. She was snatching them off the rings. So I've been crushing the head and leaving in there. But she's not touching them.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Nothing yet and no replies. I happened to use PayPal credit so the good thing is right now I'm not out anything. They suspended the amount I filed the claim for. So as of right now I'm not out anything on the g. Pulchra. Just cost of a. Metallica and shipping. Which is fine of course since it arrived fine. By the way I assume it's in premolt because it hasn't ate in I believe a week or so. But hasn't molted yet. She was snatching them off the rings. So I've been crushing the head and leaving in there. But she's not touching them.
I would remove any uneaten prey, then leave it in peace, it does sound like premolt although you're the best judge of that, you know your own spider better than anyone else, if it's abdomen is bald it will be easier to judge when the T is truly in premolt. Good luck with the upcoming molt if that's what it is, I also hope you hear back from PayPal ASAP buddy.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
I would remove any uneaten prey, then leave it in peace, it does sound like premolt although you're the best judge of that, you know your own spider better than anyone else, if it's abdomen is bald it will be easier to judge when the T is truly in premolt. Good luck with the upcoming molt if that's what it is, I also hope you hear back from PayPal ASAP buddy.
i'm not sure if it is in premolt or not. it hasn't molted since we've had it. while the c. darlingi has 2 times. we've had them for about a month and a half i believe.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
i'm not sure if it is in premolt or not. it hasn't molted since we've had it. while the c. darlingi has 2 times. we've had them for about a month and a half i believe.
Unless your Avic is really fat (and just fasting), if she is repeatedly refusing meals, it is almost certainly pre-molt. (My Avic has been in pre-molt since March.) For Avics, another symptom of pre-molt is that they don't seem to climb as well on smooth surfaces like glass. This is probably due to the decreased nerve input as the new cuticle grows beneath the old one, and the old one begins to separate.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Unless your Avic is really fat (and just fasting), if she is repeatedly refusing meals, it is almost certainly pre-molt. (My Avic has been in pre-molt since March.) For Avics, another symptom of pre-molt is that they don't seem to climb as well on smooth surfaces like glass. This is probably due to the decreased nerve input as the new cuticle grows beneath the old one, and the old one begins to separate.
its abdomen did look pretty swollen about 1 1/2 weeks ago still looks a little but i dont think as much as it was. it was eating a few times a week. doesnt reaal move alot. it has hide i guess yo ucould call it of webbing it generally stays in. will come out at times and hang on wall of deli cup.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Just read this whole thread, my eyes are burnin ahahah, so sorry this happened to you dude, keep updating the thread!! I wanna hear about your other T's and what happens with paypal! :cat:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Just read this whole thread, my eyes are burnin ahahah, so sorry this happened to you dude, keep updating the thread!! I wanna hear about your other T's and what happens with paypal! :cat:
TBH I'm sure that @Bhickman would rather start a new thread, I'm not saying not to post but I'm sure he would rather put all this sorry business behind him. Keep this thread going of course. But start a new thread regarding any new topic. Keep us updated on the outcome mate, we all want to see a fair response to the whole thing.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
From what I've gathered, that is not the reason why Avicularia/Caribena (or other arboreal species) are less able to climb.
It is more due to the 'hairs' which provide the friction necessary to climb on smooth surfaces, on the 'foodpads' wearing thin or wearing off completely, losing the ability to climb until next molt.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
sorry for getting off topic earlier. i did receive email from paypal that they received additional info and that the seller has 10 days to reply. under status as of 7/19 it says awaiting other parties response. so were moving and hopefully in a good direction. wanted to update since actually had something worth updating.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
sorry for getting off topic earlier. i did receive email from paypal that they received additional info and that the seller has 10 days to reply. under status as of 7/19 it says awaiting other parties response. so were moving and hopefully in a good direction. wanted to update since actually had something worth updating.
No update yet from PayPal today is the 10th day for him to respond to PayPal. But did want to update on we just left the reptile expo lots of cool stuff neither of the 2 I was wanting. But did wind up getting a b. Smithi for my wife and L.P. and wife fell in love with a crested gecko so we now own one of those also lol.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Just went through this whole thread and wow. Setting aside their apparent apathy for customer relations, the seller just didn't seem to genuinely care what happened to the T or the fact that their mistake directly led to this T's completely avoidable and premature death.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
No update yet from PayPal today is the 10th day for him to respond to PayPal. But did want to update on we just left the reptile expo lots of cool stuff neither of the 2 I was wanting. But did wind up getting a b. Smithi for my wife and L.P. and wife fell in love with a crested gecko so we now own one of those also lol.
What sizes are the L.P. and the B. hamorri - nice choices, I'm not really into reptiles but I'm sure with your taste it's a beauty - good luck with the new additions @Bhickman

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Shocking that he wouldn't reply by now. His communication and customer relations seemed to be held in such high regard :shifty:

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Shocking that he wouldn't reply by now. His communication and customer relations seemed to be held in such high regard :shifty:
He did reply 2 days after it had passed. And then within a half hour of me posting the review for him