New T mid molt when opening

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
So my first online order came in today. My g pulchra when I unrolled paper towel I thought it was mangled but was mid molt. I've read to never touch them when molding so now I'm freaking out. These are our 2nd and 3rd Ts. I'll attach a pic 20170608_200615.jpg

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It happens. Whats important is whats done is done. Just leave it in peace to finish its work.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
It happens. Whats important is whats done is done. Just leave it in peace to finish its work.
Ok I was worried I'd read if you disturbed them they would or could die. I did put water in a very small cap and put enclosure in a closet lights off I don't know what to do. Just really scared me. Whole reason I made the order was for this one. As soon as it rolled out I was like crap. Thanks. I'm hoping it pulls on through

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My g pulchra when I unrolled paper towel I thought it was mangled but was mid molt. I've read to never touch them when molding so now I'm freaking out.
In general, you don't want to mess with a molting tarantula, but if she was tightly packed, it's probably good that you unpacked her, as she might not have had enough space to molt. Hopefully she had not been molting for so long in the shipping container that the new exoskeleton had already begun to harden.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
All you can really do is wait it out and hopefully it will be able to pull through alright .

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
That's what I'm worried about it seemed pretty tight was afraid it got stuck with no room and hardened it looks rather dark the new exo. It's been in transit since some time tues. I thought I saw it kind of move at one point. But can't say for sure. Just worried

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
I could be wrong but it looks like it got the important parts out, so that would keep me hopeful. Maybe since there was already stress from the shipping, it didn't differentiate your taking it out as anything different from what it had already been going through... Wishful thinking, but I hope it pulls through! :)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Contact the seller immediately, and let him/her know what is happening. Include that photo. Just in case the T doesn't make it, you should be able to ask for a replacement. This is in no way your fault.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Contact the seller immediately, and let him/her know what is happening. Include that photo. Just in case the T doesn't make it, you should be able to ask for a replacement. This is in no way your fault.
Ok thanks I have just waiting to hear back. I've got fingers crossed and hoping. Do they move alot or to the point we can really tell. O thought I had seen movement a time or 2 but may have been hopeful imagination or me moving. I've got it on a shelf in the closet been checking on it off on. Worried

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Is humidity good for them during molting? Read both ways have read hot shower for increased humidity. But I don't know what to do I'm not really noticing movement. Don't knowing I even should though. I don't know what to do to help if it's not too late already

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Sometimes the legs do look weird until the T stretches out and does some post-molt yoga. Even if some of them aren't OK, another molt could fix that. Crossing my fingers for you.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
So he is moving a little this morning but he's stuck. Back 2 legs on left side still completely in and 1 front and both back legs on right side. I did get some off old exp off and out of the way this morning. I let him go all night on his own hoping. But I don't know

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
So he is moving a little this morning but he's stuck. Back 2 legs on left side still completely in and 1 front and both back legs on right side. I did get some off old exp off and out of the way this morning. I let him go all night on his own hoping. But I don't know
Moving is good.
And only some legs are stuck?
Body is free, including chelicerae, pedipalps and fangs?
If it's only a few stuck legs (which he can discard) survival sounds more hopeful.

(fingers crossed for the poor thing -- what an ordeal)

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Moving is good.
And only some legs are stuck?
Body is free, including chelicerae, pedipalps and fangs?
If it's only a few stuck legs (which he can discard) survival sounds more hopeful.

(fingers crossed for the poor thing -- what an ordeal)
Missing looks like half of one of front legs. Pedipalps and fangs appear to be out pedipalps are misshappened. Any leg that's out is misshappened some how. Both back legs on both sides are sprawled backwards in old exo still. Body and abdomen is arched.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Missing looks like half of one of front legs. Pedipalps and fangs appear to be out pedipalps are misshappened. Any leg that's out is misshappened some how. Both back legs on both sides are sprawled backwards in old exo still. Body and abdomen is arched.
I'm hopeful if your T can eat and drink he can moult again to repair damage -- he just has to survive long enough to accomplish this.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
I'm hopeful if your T can eat and drink he can moult again to repair damage -- he just has to survive long enough to accomplish this.
What's the best way to get it to drink. Or is it bad to try during this process. I know it's been close to a day. I'm not sure how long its been trying in package.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Sorry to hear this pal, bye the sound of it, it doesn't bode well for the poor wee thing, hope he/she is ok! As @Ellenantula said if your T can drink and eat it may make it through to it's next moult, then it'll begin to regenerate the lost limbs, I would deffo contact the seller though. Poor wee thing.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Thanks he got back with me last night asked how it was going. I told him. And I've emailed again this morning to touch base with him. On a positive note that A. Metallica and freebie C. Darlingi are doing fine at least. Stinks though this one is the reason for the order we got the metallica since we were already paying shipping so I told my wife to look and she really liked it and it is beautiful by the way really glad we got it. Am a little worried about the darlingI though lol new to this and heard it was a more defensive spider. But on the flip side it's any about .5" so we can grow with it