New T. :D

violentblossom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got a Versicolor yesterday at the LoneStar Reptile Expo and convinced my mom and sister to get a pair as well. I've named mine Cleopatra.

Ts are #1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got a Versicolor yesterday at the LoneStar Reptile Expo and convinced my mom and sister to get a pair as well. I've named mine Cleopatra.
Grats on the Versi your going to have a heck of a time with it trust me{D

binky

Arachnopeon
I got an A. versi sling at the Reptile Expo in Mississuaga yesterday! hehe :) He's so cute!

Congrats!

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrats! I'm thinking about picking one of these up at the local show. Little weary because of the high mortality rate. :eek: good luck with your new T.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations, it is truly an experience to see the little blue buggers grow. Ours isn't showing any adult colors yet, but has probably hit almost if not fully 3". We named ours Envy, since she(hopefully) will have that beautiful green carapace.:D

i think they have a bad rap with people claiming they have a high mortality rate. A. versicolor slings seem to be very popular at the moment, it really seems like everyone has one, but i know that is an exaggeration. Since so many people have them right now and small slings are delicate to begin with, we would would naturally hear more about them dying than other species.

It is a very tragic thing and i am definitely not trying to make light of such a sad occurrence. i thought we were going to lose ours at one time and i was extremely upset/ anxious/ worried until it finally molted and it turned out fine. We have evidently been doing something right(not to imply anyone wasn't) at keeping our slings alive, so we have not had to deal with that.

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats

:D Congrats on the Versi! I love their colors
I hope my next T will be a Versi as well :p

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrats on the versi i just got my versi and obt in today cant wait to go pick them up (havent seen them yet) YAY

Jarconis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
after buying a versi, I became totally enthralled with avics and now i have a versicolor, fasciculata, and just recently picked up a geroldi.