New sling owner (Brazilian Red/white)

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
So aside from the Ceratogyrus darlingi that's arriving Wednesday, I think I'm good with OW obligates for a while. These Haplos legit stress me out. With my poecs, I am on edge yes, but I'm calm and reserved, not actually stressing when I open the enclosure.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
So aside from the Ceratogyrus darlingi that's arriving Wednesday, I think I'm good with OW obligates for a while. These Haplos legit stress me out. With my poecs, I am on edge yes, but I'm calm and reserved, not actually stressing when I open the enclosure.
Once they settle up, in their burrow, things (IMO) would been more "light". I remember 'Haplos' (had the last more than a decade ago) and C.fimbriatus always prone to 'retreat' in their burrow rather than stand, hiss and fight, like P.muticus (when things/if things gone "wrong", i mean).

Strange thing of T's keeping: i know folks more comfortable around those OB than OW's arboreals.

C.darlingi are class.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I did own a H. minax that proved to be an exception to this, but IME Asian terrestrials are quite easy to deal with when they are inside their enclosures. At least those I keep now are quite reclusive and will just run down into their burrows if I´m about to do some maintenance. In that regard the daily care is really easy and they are only prone make some trouble when I´m rehousing them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Aaah. A centipede. Slippery little devils with a nasty venom.
Thank you.
Here those were/are perfectly legal, without (unlike T's) time limitations etc so i had quite an experience with those... seriously i've seen specimens that could put a P.murinus ('OBT') to embarassing :)
plus a bulletproof/escape enclosure.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I did own a H. minax that proved to be an exception to this, but IME Asian terrestrials are quite easy to deal with when they are inside their enclosures. At least those I keep now are quite reclusive and will just run down into their burrows if I´m about to do some maintenance. In that regard the daily care is really easy and they are only prone make some trouble when I´m rehousing them.
So far aside from the usual threat posture neither of them give trouble when the tank is opened, but it's rehousing. These are still juveniles, and I'll have to rehouse again soon.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
So far aside from the usual threat posture neither of them give trouble when the tank is opened, but it's rehousing. These are still juveniles, and I'll have to rehouse again soon.
How big are they? I usually house them in adult enclosures once they reach 6-8 cm. I mean, they are burrowing anyway, so a bigger enclosure than needed at that moment don´t cause them any problems. I also tend to use the "water method" for rehousing Asians, which I find much less stressful (to me, not the spider, they get really, really p***d off every time), instead of digging them out like I do with my Baboons.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
How big are they? I usually house them in adult enclosures once they reach 6-8 cm. I mean, they are burrowing anyway, so a bigger enclosure than needed at that moment don´t cause them any problems. I also tend to use the "water method" for rehousing Asians, which I find much less stressful (to me, not the spider, they get really, really p***d off every time), instead of digging them out like I do with my Baboons.
3 - 5 inches, can't really measure them but by eyeballing them they're around that size. The only reason I don't have them in adult enclosures as of now is I need to pick up/make some new ones.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Yeah, it's only about rehouse/s at the end. They hate to leave their home.

Example (i wouldn't do something like that only for the respect i have for her) i can, now, remove the top (entirely) of my P.muticus enclosure, put a little camera inside/near... go to sleep, and tomorrow i will find her, again, inside her burrow, like nothing.

But if i try, now, to scavenge her for a rehouse, she will start to hiss (with mine that isn't always a warning signal, after 1 second she starts with two bites at least in a row) and fight.

I have to say, i have never saw a defensive Theraphosidae like her in all of those years. Never. "You" work perfectly without problems with those, until the day you have to rehouse a 0.1 beast :) amazing

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Yeah, it's only about rehouse/s at the end. They hate to leave their home.

Example (i wouldn't do something like that only for the respect i have for her) i can, now, remove the top (entirely) of my P.muticus enclosure, put a little camera inside/near... go to sleep, and tomorrow i will find her, again, inside her burrow, like nothing.

But if i try, now, to scavenge her for a rehouse, she will start to hiss (with mine that isn't always a warning signal, after 1 second she starts with two bites at least in a row) and fight.

I have to say, i have never saw a defensive Theraphosidae like her in all of those years. Never. "You" work perfectly without problems with those, until the day you have to rehouse a 0.1 beast :) amazing
Not to mention both of these are females, so they're even more ornery than I'd hope.