New shelves

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
So it's been a while since I have posted or even updated on anything. I have a reason! Part of which was designated to include more insects in my life currently where I live. So thought I would post what took up 2 weeks and waiting for some more things to be delivered currently before we can finish! So thought I would share some pictures of the current in work stuff.

So this is some empty area where new larger shelves will go, the silver shelves will stay generally where they are.
20170630_150832.jpg

gecko shelves.jpg

shelves 2.jpg

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
The upper shelves will be holding my shorter enclosures, like the ones I use that are a couple feet long and a foot or two wide but super short, like usually no more than 10 inches or 12.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Nice! Looks like you've been seriously planning the room setup. Garage?
I also use wire shelving, allows for better air flow in the room. When I see them on sale, space/need allowing, I'll buy. Weight capacity of the shelves is my biggest biggest concern as I keep a lot of fossorial species.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Yes they are currently in my garage. We hope to be able to make a correctly insulated shed soon for them but we aren't rushing into that. The current racks we are adding... they would be the huge metal ones with most of my large rubbermaid bins on them, I think can hold close to 1,000 lbs if not more. I don't remember exactly, I chose them for the size and weight capacity. I raise a lot of species that would be likely considered fossorial and all of those have at least 6 inches if not more of substrate. But I also have a lot of my huge roach colonies on that. I think my dubia bin alone has 2000+ roaches not including the cleaning crew beetles XD

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks nice. I have the same black one from Home Depot. They're great--I'll probably buy another one soon.