New Scorps

krtrman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay guys and gals... i need some advice. i would like to branch out further innto the world of scorpions. what are some good species to start out with. i already have 2 emperors and plan on more. i dont want anything with significant venom or the ability to spit or fly or crazy stuff lke that. i need something hardy and will do well if any mistakes are made. all suggestions will be appreciated.

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hadogenes spp or African flat rock scorpions are a good choice for a beginner. They are docile (usually!) and large scorpions that are extremely easy to keep in a dry tank. They have a very weak venom and in any case are very reluctant to sting. I keep mine on a sandy peat mix and have a selection of flat rocks SECURELY stacked for the scorpion to hide amongst.
Another great scorpion is Hadrurus, the desert hairy. They are a medium sized scorpion, very easy to keep but they are a little on the aggresive side and there venom packs more of a whallop than that of an emperor. Not deady (under normal circumstances) but you will know it if you get tagged. Just show it the respect it deserves and you will be fine!
Oh, and then there is Heterometrus............:D

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Living in Florida you have two decent species..C.gracilis and C.hentzi...prob in your area...there is also C.guanensis but it is more difficult to find.

John
];')