SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am getting these guys in tomorrow! :clap:

7 A. Bicolors
4 C.Exilicauda
2 Smeringurus Mesaensis
7 A.Amoreuxi

I'm way excited for the Bicolors and the Dune scorps. Hopefully they all will arrive well and healthy. :D :D
I'll have to post some pics when they get here in the morning.

Last edited:

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You just bought 20 new scorps, and as far as I know from what I've read, the only communal species you have are C exilicauda. You're setting up 17 new enclosures? Are you setting up tanks, or dumping them all in tupperwares or something? Also, curious if you have a zoo in your house considering you buying so many at once. :D BTW, if I had the money and the room and the time to put in to care for them, I'd probably buy 20 per day. Just curious what your whole setup is like.

NoS

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
...Also where are you getting them from?

Just been looking to see who has what in stock?
Not to mention, Im always looking for dealers out there I do not know of.

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cage setup..

I use 10 gallon tanks and make dividers out of plexy glass that I cut in to shape. You can house 3 in a 10 gallon with the dividers. I also half them and just put two in a 10 gallon. For larger or communal species I either half the aquarium or I give them a whole one. The pictures below are some of the A. Bicolor setups. ;P

Attachments

Last edited:

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh yeah...

Glades Herp has 100 Bicolors right now....the others I ordered were from Phoenix Exotica and Joes Specialty Pets. :)

Glades did forget to pack one in which they are going to send out on Monday, but other then that I had good service from all of them. And if you think this was a lot of scorpions to order wait until next month when I blow my whole check on more.....I may order around 30! I love scorps.

Last edited:

NYbirdEater

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool. I'm addicted as well. Do you use silicone to secure the dividers in? I have a 40gal tank that is empty, so when I get some money I'd like to have another colony setup. C vittatus I had got destroyed by those flesh eating beetles, managed to salvage only a handful.

I aslo just placed an order for P leiosoma and O glabifrons. unfortunately won't be here until next week, dealer forgot to mention needed to recieve payment by 4PM to ship out yesterday so I have to wait until tuesday. :mad:

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Silicone...

You know, I cut the plexy glass to fit snug and tight (not too tight...you can brake the tank...I should know!), so I didn't use any silicone to seal it with. The substrate will hold it in place, but its the pressure that keeps it stuck. I figure that the scorps only weigh a few grams each, so they won't be able to push it or anything...my caimans on the other hand....I'd have to use concrete. I have 9 10 gallon tanks. All of them are either halved or seperated into 3 sections. I do have some bigger groups in a straight ten, but I figure most of them don't need a whole tank to themselves.

The bicolors are so active. They all ate as soon as I unpacked them. I fed them adult lobster roaches, and let me tell you...the roaches are as big as they are, and the bicolors went full speed for 'em! Stinging, and holding on until they settled down. These guys are pretty cool. As soon as I get some babies I'm putting them up for $12 a scorpling (4th instar or so) and $18 for larger ones, all CB. Thats why I order so many at a time (breeders).

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you really want me to adopt you I will...but there are certain rules in my house. First....huh....hmm..I guess I don't really have any. :? No rules then. Huh, second...if I don't see you following any rules I don't have I'll boot you out. Got that? Good :)

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
20 scorps is nuts. Ill be ordering 3-4 and everyone I know thinks im crazy. I may try that 10 gallon divider setup. looks real nice. What do you use to cut the plexi glass?

SpaceHawk

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cutting plexi...

First you need to draw your lines on the plexi exactly how you want it. Then get some clear boxing tape and put a strip over your lines on both sides of the plexi. Then get your jigsaw out (handheld) and put a metal cutting bit into it or something similar (lots of small cutting teeth). Then cut away. If you don't tape it you risk cracking or splintering it. Sometimes the jigsaw heats up the end of the plexi and melts the little bit being cut off a little so watch out. Other then that...well thats it I guess. 10 gallon tanks are 10 dollars at Petco, the plexi glass you'll just have to call around for to see how much a sheet will cost you. :)

By the way...this is just the new 20.... I had about 20 before....so 40 scorpions is nuts. I'm not done yet though. Dave has 10 times more then I do. That is nuts, but cool. :cool:

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are addicting as hell. I have 20 (I think) and have 5 more due to arrive on Tuesday. I can't wait lol :}

I just found one of the species that I wanted very bad. Now if I can just find the other (Holy Grail) species I want. ;)