New Scorpion, possibly Gravid?

Jack68125

Arachnopeon
35D08815-A2E3-463F-844F-83131632325E.jpeg 7C6FFD1D-BD23-41DA-8FD3-DDB1A8857A9B.jpeg Does this scorpion look gravid? I looked at the underside and it definitely looks like a female. And it was labeled Chinese forest scorpion, could anyone give me a positive species ID? Thanks guys!

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
It very much looks gravid. And its definitely from the genus Heterometrus.

If the telson is all black I'd say its probably a Heterometrus petersii.

Jack68125

Arachnopeon
5E8C4DB9-26AA-4AA3-8856-B15C0870A670.jpeg Thank you so much! And I tried to get a pic of the telson. Had to pick her up to get the angle

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Congrats man, I expected to see a premolt scorp in this thread but you surprised me with a genuinely gravid female. Now we can only expect a "what do I do with all these baby scorpions" thread soon enough, good luck and continue researching!

Jack68125

Arachnopeon
Yes you’re correct on that and I know I was half expecting a few snarky people but everyone was helpful. Thanks so much

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Yes you’re correct on that and I know I was half expecting a few snarky people but everyone was helpful. Thanks so much
Hey no problem, we're all learning here. It's important that we welcome people who don't know a lot, and facilitate eachothers' mutual interest in the hobby. I hate seeing snarky know-it-all posts, and I like to see people being informative and friendly here.
I'll probably post a thread any day asking some question that you can easily answer tbh.

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
She looks as gravid as my petersii was before she gave birth. Congrats! Baby Heterometrus are super fun.

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
Mmmm, hard to tell with Heterometrus. Mine looked like that for quite a while. I stopped anticipating the birth date, and boom, one day, babies.

Prophet

Arachnosquire
View attachment 258924 View attachment 258923 Does this scorpion look gravid? I looked at the underside and it definitely looks like a female. And it was labeled Chinese forest scorpion, could anyone give me a positive species ID? Thanks guys!
Very nice looking scorpion. Hopefully mine are gravid or will be soon too. Bye the way, what type of moss is that-I like the bright coloring

Hey no problem, we're all learning here. It's important that we welcome people who don't know a lot, and facilitate eachothers' mutual interest in the hobby. I hate seeing snarky know-it-all posts, and I like to see people being informative and friendly here.
I'll probably post a thread any day asking some question that you can easily answer tbh.
That's why I'm loving this forum. So far everyone has been extremely helpful especially for amateurs such as myself. Seems like a lot of genuinely nice and friendly people who loves all creatures

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I was half expecting a few snarky people
That's unfortunate. I think miscommunication is the largest culprit of this.

You should refrain from handling your Scorpion or disturbing it further. Stressing it out can cause issues for both mother and babies.

Jack68125

Arachnopeon
Yes I’m only opening for check ups now. No more handling lol
That's unfortunate. I think miscommunication is the largest culprit of this.

You should refrain from handling your Scorpion or disturbing it further. Stressing it out can cause issues for both mother and babies.