New Salmon Pink

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just got this little "1-1/4 baby today, Thanks to Dave at Averyexotics, only cost $35.00+$20.00 Shipping:)
Anyway so glad it got here safely and look forward to wathing this little thing get HUGE!!!:drool:

So what do you all think of the Container? Leave it in there till it molts?

Last edited:

dannax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh wow, how tiny! it's cute though. i'm guessing one would keep it in that until it's a bit larger. i'm not sure tho, just an observation.

Sparky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on the new sling! You're going to love how quick they grow. I'd leave it in the container you have for awhile yet. It will probably do a bit of digging & rearranging once it settles in. Nice to see another BC'er on the boards! I grew up in Kamloops, what part do you live in? (if you don't mind me asking)

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ha Ha No prob man I live in Westsyde Oakhills area

Peace\/\/ Ha hA

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
That is a L. parahybana, right? 35$ sounds kinda pricey for it, especially with the added 20$ shipping.

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh? really? what do you all pay for them?

aracnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I got mine it was about 3/4" and was only $8 with $8 for shipping (I went priority)and she threw 2 more in as freebies . I put mine in a 4x6 container and they seem to like it . Two of them started digging right away . Now they are about 2"-2 1/2" and 2 of them stay out most of the time but 1 still likes to hide in its burrow .

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh wow that is a very good deal:) Oh well live and learn I guess; but I have been looking around and the prices in Canada for these things are right around the 30 to 35 dollar mark.....

Well anyways Yea the sling ate a lil crik :clap:

Looks like all is going to be well.

$8 !!! choke lol

aracnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey don't feel bad ,if thats what they go for up there then theres not to much you can do about it . I'm sure there are things you can get a lot cheeper then we can . So the next time you take a trip to Disney bring me some down :D

aracnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I ordered mine through "Tarantula Ranch ". She was out of Oregon but think she was moving , but either way . Email her if way want and see what she has and if she can ship to Cananda .

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got my 4 as freebies, cause we opened the sac at our local meeting. :p Out spilled hundreds of 1st instar L paras!!!!!

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not that pricey

Our american friends must consider that almost no US supplier ships to Canada. So we have both Avery Exotics and Tarantula Canada to choose from if we want something other than a chilean Rose. They both supply quality spiders at decent prices and considering the lack of other Canadian dealers they could charge four times those prices if they wanted to but they don't. That $35 u spent was a great deal for what looks like a healthy spiderling. For comparison, a friend of mine just purchased a 4" L. parahybana from a local pet store for $150.

'

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just to clarify my position,,,,I have no problem with what I paid for my L.Para.
And I will keep supporting Dave as long as I can keep my wife on board haa ha....So I think my next one will be a GGB or something a like that.

So here is a better pic of my newly acquired T.
Anyone have Ideas on a Name?I really suck at naming and my kids call them stuff like sammaumma ha ha I get a kick out of them kids lol maybe sammaumma is a good name rofl.

Last edited:

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I dont really name mine. I think i should thoe xD. ANd dont buy any t's till the get together in west bank. We get some good deals