1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New pics of my Flat Rock

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by parabuthus, Sep 21, 2005.

1. parabuthus

parabuthus Arachnodemon Old Timer

Advertisement
    This is Hadogenes troglodyte, right? I always assumed it was, but it's color and texture is darker and more matt than the lighter, shinier ones I always see :confused:. Perhaps a slightly duller morph (don't let the flash on the camera fool you!). Any Hadogenes experts are welcome to give me their verdict.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In typical Flat Rock fashion, she is slow growing (I am sure she has one more molt left in her although she looks adult), rarely feeds and is very docile. The opposite of what I like in scorpions!

Though I still love her and hand feed her from time to time. I am guessing she is not so well, after being kept in deplorable conditions at the Pet shop I rescued her from... I will wait and see though. I am hoping for another molt rather than deceased!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  2. Scorpionidad

Scorpionidad Arachnosquire Old Timer

I like it alot!

Cool scorp! Aren't to down with that species but that one is neat!

3. parabuthus

Many thanks... better quality of picture too right? I am getting there... :cool:

4. Brandelmouche

Brandelmouche Arachnoknight Old Timer

Is a beautiful one do you have Parabuthus !

:clap:

I chow you one of mine.

Attached Files:

5. parabuthus

Very cool! Nice male. BIGGGG pedipalps! One of the things I love about this species... :clap:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
  6. cloud711

cloud711 Arachnobaron Old Timer

very nice. are they hardy scorps? i heard they are sensitive scorps?

7. parabuthus

They are reasonably hardy. Far more delicate than an Emperor though.

Really, my Hadogene is a very laid back scorpion... a strange expression to use, but that is how it comes across.