New Pics of D. diadema tank

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here are some updated pics of the tank. The creeping fig needs some pruning, but everything is doing well. My three mature females have all molted and one is carry eggs at the moment {D . I have three new subadults in the tank and the mature male seems to be accepting the new additions. The last pic is off topic but it is a miniture orchid (Epidendrum porpax) in bloom in the tank.
Mike

biznacho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Impresive. Most would have gone with a more cave like atmosphere. lots of overlapping rock and such. But this looks killer. Great job.

How much of that is living plant?

biznacho

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
cichlidsman,
The tank has been set up since late december and it is a 55 gallon.

biznacho,

Thanks, the whole tank is living plants except fot the fake vines, which are mostly covered by the creeping fig now. D.diadema are also found in the tangled roots near the butresses of large trees, so that is what I decided to try and mimic.

Thanks,
Mike

Highlander

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So does everything just break down naturaly?What I mean is that there is really no cleaning to do?

Jonathan/Highlander

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jonathan,

Large leaves that die I remove from the tank. Smaller leaves and any other debris just decomposes naturally. Stray crickets eat some of what I don't get out. The glass sometimes has to be cleaned, due to the high humidity algae can grow on it, but that is mostly near the soil line. There are some small beetles in the tank along with snails to also help clean up the leftovers. For the most part I just have to mist the tank once a week, feed the TWS and prune back some of the plants once in a while.
Thanks,
Mike

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have to say...WOW that is one striking terrarium you have there. Just awsome! {D :}

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very impressive...great work! It's like you have your own little ecosystem set up there!