New phone commercial with a tarantula

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nothing like good shoe smacking couldn't fix it
{D{D{D{D Second time in two days I've had to clean coffee off my keyboard...

Back in my phobic days, I just allowed spiders a wide berth. I don't remember ever shrieking, squealing, stomping, etc. Though I did run out the back door nearly nekkid early one morning (c. 1977) after encountering a 'massive' Tarantuzilla in my bathroom sink... (~2" wolf spider). That episode prompted me to get my first T. :)

Ahh not just Ladies,
I have it on good authority that my sister AND her very large, very er... 'masculine' husband waited outside their home for a couple hours one day waiting for a neighbor to get home to get the little spider off of their cathedral ceiling...

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
p.s. omg scott, this isn't a moderation or april fools post! :eek:
Had to happen sooner or later. ;)

Expect more in the future :)

Posted from AB Mobile

captmarga

Arachnobaron
All the more hilarious to me, as on Sunday I watched a co-worker actually begin crying because there was a jumping spider (P. audax) on the wooden railing beside her...

When people are afraid, they are truly afraid.

I'm a girl and I love my Ts. Silly people.

Marga

Shorty

Arachnopeon
it always amuses me how people really are afraid of spiders when i truly them as if there were cats or dogs. i guess ill never understand peoples fears

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Ahh dude, you so owe me a new phone."_____"Idiot."

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lmao, someone where I work told me about this commercial a couple days ago and I haven't seen it until now, funny thing is I have had a picture of my B Smithi as the backround on my ipod touch for almost a year now, I'm going to have to be careful what I do with it now.......this commercial might give people ideas.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lmao, someone where I work told me about this commercial a couple days ago and I haven't seen it until now, funny thing is I have had a picture of my B Smithi as the backround on my ipod touch for almost a year now, I'm going to have to be careful what I do with it now.......this commercial might give people ideas.
I'm not sure which limb that is you have tattooed in your avatar, but I'd be on the lookout for someone freaking out and going after the one on your skin and breaking some bones in the process... ;)

peskyfish

Arachnopeon
To 100% honest, that is the commercial that got me thinking about getting back into T's again! I had one a G. rosea years ago and I saw that pic on the phone in the commercial and it got my mind-a-racing! I want another Tarantula! And I did, just got B. boehmei sling and A. versicolor!What phone were they trying to sell again?{D

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not sure which limb that is you have tattooed in your avatar, but I'd be on the lookout for someone freaking out and going after the one on your skin and breaking some bones in the process... ;)
On my leg and good point, lmao

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I was actually annoyed by that commercial more than anything. The moron couldn't tell it was a phone? I know one guy that would owe me a phone, and a chick I would dump for being STUPID.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What I like most about this ad is that it is a beautiful spoof of the knee-jerk, irrational fear humans (present company excluded, of course) have of tarantulas. It's almost as good as the "spider-in-the-bathroom" scene from Annie Hall {D{D No tarantulas were harmed in this ad, but a couple of humans sure came off looking pretty silly. The sad part of it is, these are fictional characters, but the motivation is all too real.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What I like most about this ad is that it is a beautiful spoof of the knee-jerk, irrational fear humans (present company excluded, of course) have of tarantulas.
Then you try to explain to them that the fear is completely irrational and baseless, and you get looked at like you're the crazy one. :rolleyes:

insanejuggalo66

Arachnopeon
Uh. Ok. Number 1, someone who has a phobia of Ts won't be able to tell a B. smithii are usually docile.
Number 2, I'm afraid of wasps, do you really think i give a hell what species of wasp is flying around me? Am I going to stop and start narrowing it down to a species? No. I'm going to run, and scream like a girl.

Don't YOU have any phobias?

i hate wasps but this commercial was hilarious when i saw it was a smithii