New P. Metallica

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold blood

Staff member
You know...after the overboard post about printing out thousands of flyers about us and distributing them, I'm starting to wonder if maybe WE'RE the ones getting trolled here. o_O
I think that much is clear as a bell.

@MrDeranged , I'm just curious if you have been following this thread...it seems like the kind of thread that's become pretty pointless with nothing to gain.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You know...after the overboard post about printing out thousands of flyers about us and distributing them, I'm starting to wonder if maybe WE'RE the ones getting trolled here. o_O
It's like geometry, it's a given :D

Mauri

Arachnoknight
Haha now it's the grammar police as well. Sad.

Oh and the original trolls calling the person being trolled the troll. Have seen it all over the last few pages...nothing new that hasnt been tried on me a few times.

So it's a troll to inform other people of a potential hazard in joining an internet forum? If you guys hadnt noticed it's been in the news recently (at least in the UK) quite a lot. But I wont mention names, am not that petty.

I'll just let them know you might get called an idiot or some other insult because you disagree with more "experienced" users. So that they can avoid feeling bad and/or getting into arguments. Whether or not some important people in the hobby look into it that's another matter.

Owning T's has been a really stressful time for me simply because am worried that they wont make it, coming here should have been pleasant but it has been spoilt by people who use their so called "experience" to put newcomers down.

Perhaps they dont remember when it is they were new to the hobby and how hurtful it could be when others call you an idiot.

p.s I suspect poec I am light years ahead of you in terms of intelligence even if my so called "grammar" is bad. Ever had a genius in your family? I dont think so...

And littleT was a perfect example "mauri you cant give advice on a poki, because you dont own one".

That quote rests my case and so ends this discussion. Sums everything up how another newcomer has been made to think in a certain way by people here.

Well in the real world anyone can advise anyone about anything they so choose. It's what they say that matters not if they own something/have owned/will own or have just read books etc.

If you think otherwise you're just clowns who think they are clever.

You lose I win..take that and party! :) (and sorry I do love it when you destroy trolls on a forum, took me awhile but I knew I'd get there in the end. Truth always wins.)

Here's a family motto

"Sic itur ad astra in aeternum"

And my favourite from my mums side

"cur me persequeris" I let my Italian friend look this one up. I'll give him a prize if he can give me a literal translation....

(am going to the BTS chico so could get you something...a water dish haha?...would send you a sling if you were Uk).

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
1) Perhaps they dont remember when it is they were new to the hobby and how hurtful it could be

2) I suspect poec I am light years ahead of you in terms of intelligence even if my so called "grammar" is bad.

3) Ever had a genius in your family? I dont think so...

1) We remember; we also didn't come out of the starting gate insulting people. We listened and learned, and didn't try to do all the talking, which is conducive to learning.

2) No doubt you are, we have dozens of posts of yours that offer proof of that.

3) Apparently your family doesn't either.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I guess it isn't necessarily trolling if you're actually serious about all that flyer stuff. If you are, then its just......freaking weird. I mean, really, step back and look at what you're saying objectively. Are you really so thin skinned, insecure, and vindictive that you're going to spend a bunch of time printing out flyers about people you (incorrectly) believe insulted you in an online forum for the purpose of going around to shows or whatever and handing them out? My guess is most people you encounter will also just think you're really weird and very obsessed.

FWIW, I remember quite clearly when I first came here and was brand new to the hobby; it wasn't all that long ago (last Sept). I asked for advice about various things (including how quickly to get into more advanced species), and felt I was treated quite nicely. I took the more experienced keepers' advice and constructive criticism and I feel I'm a far better T keeper for it. I didn't get defensive or angry if I was wrong about something; I saw it as a learning experience and was glad to get input from very experienced members here, including the people you've tried to label as "trolls". As I said before, the common denominator in all of these negative interactions is you, not them.

Lighten up a bit, and try not to take yourself so seriously, man. I said something stupid and had a dumb noob moment a little while back, and it was hilarious. I thought I was clever by suggesting a trap door spider for another posters's spare enclosure, but wasn't sure he wanted that because it wasn't a tarantula. Turns out cold blood had already suggested it......but used the scientific name which I didn't know, and it WAS a tarantula, which I didn't know. When he pointed that out I just laughed and admitted I got caught in a noob moment because it was funny. Life's a bit too short and stressful enough as it is to spend so much time being angry and vindictive about people in an online forum who aren't even trying to be insulting or mean to you, but are trying to help you.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
p.s I suspect poec I am light years ahead of you in terms of intelligence even if my so called "grammar" is bad. Ever had a genius in your family? I dont think so...
Man... I don't think this is your place to talk about intelligence...

And littleT was a perfect example "mauri you cant give advice on a poki, because you dont own one".
Not all Ts are kept the same, if you don't know how a poec sling should be kept, how can you give husbandry advice then?

LittleT

Arachnopeon
....And littleT was a perfect example "mauri you cant give advice on a poki, because you dont own one".

That quote rests my case and so ends this discussion. Sums everything up how another newcomer has been made to think in a certain way by people here.

Well in the real world anyone can advise anyone about anything they so choose. It's what they say that matters not if they own something/have owned/will own or have just read books etc.

If you think otherwise you're just clowns who think they are clever...
I honestly don't understand how can you give honest advice without ever even owning or having experience with raising a P. metallica?
I wouldn't even give advice on Avicularia because I haven't raised mine yet, if they reach adulthood and if I could help, I would offer advice based on my own personal experience.

I'm only replying because you've mentioned my username and twisted what I posted to suit your own agenda. No, I haven't been made to think a certain way by people here. My experience on this forum has so far been really nice, the members here have made me feel welcome and they were incredibly helpful and offered advice when I was worried about my Avicularia minatrix spiderlings potentially dying... the slings are doing really well and eating fantastically, I feel much more confident with raising them now and I even own a few more Avicularia spiderlings, who are also doing really well.

I have respect for the members here, their knowledge and experience. I just have respect for people in general, often I find if you are respectful and polite you'll get a lot more help and advice from people, plus generally they are respectful and polite back.

Sadly you are right, anyone can give advice about anything :( but it can be dangerous if the wrong advice is given. You can read the books, read about other people's experiences, watch youtube videos but it doesn't prepare you and give you the necessary skills to deal with it yourself.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I
Life's a bit too short and stressful enough as it is to spend so much time being angry and vindictive about people.

So it's not a sign of maturity and wisdom then? Oh boy, I've been doing this all wrong. I have got to start writing this stuff down.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I
I haven't been made to think a certain way by people here. My experience on this forum has so far been really nice, the members here have made me feel welcome and they were incredibly helpful and offered advice when I was worried about my Avicularia minatrix spiderlings potentially dying... the slings are doing really well and eating fantastically, I feel much more confident with raising them now and I even own a few more Avicularia spiderlings, who are also doing really well.

I have respect for the members here, their knowledge and experience. I just have respect for people in general, often I find if you are respectful and polite you'll get a lot more help and advice from people, plus generally they are respectful and polite back.

You are the kind of beginner that we're here for. Most people that come to this forum are like that. It makes up for the occasional argumentative ones and drama queens (who bad mouth us and call this place 'toxic').

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mauri: You really should try and take a deep breath and relax a little bit. Like Mistertim says; Life's too short and stressful enough as it is. I actually believe you mean well when you write and give advice, you also write well. But why not just take a step back, relax and get on with this hobby, and also continue in here! There is alot of helpful people in here, why not listen and maybe you will learn something along the way!
You obviously read up on the T stuff wich is very good, but it is just that you maybe should start out giving advice with T´s you have experience with! Eventually you will get to the more advanced T´s. Just forget about this thread in here and start over again with a more positive attitude. People critisize you because you are acting like a little offended schoolboy, why not take it like a man and get on to new and better things in here?

Maybe use all that energi of yours to learn new stuff and participate in here in a positive way!
It is easy to get annoyed by people if you feel you a treated wrong, and start telling people your meaning about it... Believe me i know this, i have on occassions also spoken out for what i believe in in here, but you let yourself get too personal about it...let it go and life in here can be quite good for you..

And i hope you dont go crazy about this advice for you, because i mean no harm by my comments, just to help you out...

louise f

Arachnoangel
Smile at the world and it smiles back, so to say. ;)

This music is something you only can be happy about :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
And my favourite from my mums side

"cur me persequeris" I let my Italian friend look this one up. I'll give him a prize if he can give me a literal translation...
My guess is "why do you persecute me" ("perché mi perseguiti" means in modern Italian) originated by "Saulo" and Paul conversion.

I assume that your family was as well involved in the Crusades, am i wrong?

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I'll be the man here and admit it to Mauri. I was the one saying he was "going to effectively ruin the hobby" After he posted information that was incorrect, then went into full rage mode. I keep metallicas, and poecs in general. I've raised mine from a tiny sling that could sit on my thumb to a subadult female that is currently chilling on the door to her tank. I've seen them run in circles around the enclosure, run out and onto my arm, or jump onto the floor and make a mad dash for the wall. You can't give advice on a species you don't keep unless it's super basic. These are not. I don't even touch avic threads, I'm terrible with avics. (odd, coming from an exotic mantis keeper) and for 80% of all NWs, I know little to nothing. Lighten up, and use that thinker of yours for good.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Hello! Mauri please do not take everything as bad criticism. Yes people here can be harsh at times because they want you not to kill your T and offer great advice. If someone calls you a noob take it the positive way- you still have to improve and doing that will be interesting. I have been keeping tarantulas for around 6 years now and I don't mind being corrected if I am doing something wrong (even tho i don't like it if the person correcting me is harsh. But them being harsh makes me not want to do that same mistake again).
I'll get to breaking down your post now...
I suspect poec I am light years ahead of you in terms of intelligence even if my so called "grammar" is bad. Ever had a genius in your family? I dont think so...
Please. You are kissing your own ass here. I know someone just like you in real life. Snobby douchebag that thinks he is so great because he can recite 3 numbers of pi over the average.
If you think otherwise you're just clowns who think they are clever.
Could be applied to you here..

my so called "grammar"
What? How else would you call it?

"mauri you cant give advice on a poki, because you dont own one".
This sentance is the closest to something real you have written. I would much rather take advice from people who have kept poecilotheria than from someone that hasn't. Sorry.

Mauri

Arachnoknight
It's not the forum I dislike it's just certain individuals who aren't getting the message. Just dont answer my posts, it's quite simple. And if you refer to me as an idiot prepare for a quick and quite possibly hostile response.

I find it ironic that people are calling me the troll when I havent attacked any post, all I done is fight my corner.

And the jokes are pathetic. I suppose that's what happens when you cant win an argument with logic, you resort to cheap jibes or insults. Really all you are doing is just proving my points even more....

Last edited:

Mauri

Arachnoknight
Hello! Mauri please do not take everything as bad criticism. Yes people here can be harsh at times because they want you not to kill your T and offer great advice. If someone calls you a noob take it the positive way- you still have to improve and doing that will be interesting. I have been keeping tarantulas for around 6 years now and I don't mind being corrected if I am doing something wrong (even tho i don't like it if the person correcting me is harsh. But them being harsh makes me not want to do that same mistake again).
I'll get to breaking down your post now...

Please. You are kissing your own ass here. I know someone just like you in real life. Snobby douchebag that thinks he is so great because he can recite 3 numbers of pi over the average.

Could be applied to you here..

What? How else would you call it?

This sentance is the closest to something real you have written. I would much rather take advice from people who have kept poecilotheria than from someone that hasn't. Sorry.
You miss the point. It was about slings therefore as an owner of two arb slings I can give advice. So you saying I cant give advice re a poeci sling because I havent owned one?

That's a crock of shite.

So that's my point I didnt say anything that needed correcting! If I did I could end this whole thing, hold my hands up and apologise profusely. But if I havent given any bad advice, and having a certain amount of pride what do you sugggest I do?

It's like admitting you have done something when you havent!!!!!!

And yes you can choose to take someone advice over mine but you arent calling me an idiot in the process are you or claiming my husbandry is poor so am perfectly ok with this statement!

I never said otherwise it's the blatant putting down of someone's advice without any actual explanation that has me pissed off. Because to someone with my intelligence it's not only wrong, rude, it's also very bad manners and dis-respectful.

It's just not cricket ol chap! And certainly doesnt exist in the Queensbury rules!!!

And on that note am off to enjoy a pleasant evening in the pub. Hopefully I wont choke on my beer thinking about some of the rude people here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.