New owner question

WickedTwinz

Arachnopeon
I'm a new tarantula owned. I already have a sling Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (GBB), an I was Abt to purchase another T, an they are offering a freebee with my purchase. so my question is would a Nhandu coloratovillosus (Brazilian Black and White Tarantula), be a good started T for an own that is new to the hobby

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They tend to be more often kind of slightly defenssive and feisty than calm. So i would not classify this speicies as a beginner speicies. B albopilosum woukd be a better choice!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm a new tarantula owned. I already have a sling Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (GBB), an I was Abt to purchase another T, an they are offering a freebee with my purchase. so my question is would a Nhandu coloratovillosus (Brazilian Black and White Tarantula), be a good started T for an own that is new to the hobby
No

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The Nhandu is certainly do-able, just bear in mind that they're fast, skittish, and can be defensive, they also have pretty bad hairs.

Tbh, they're no more difficult than any of the large tropical species that people recommend as starter tarantulas (A. geniculata/Lasiodora spp./etc.)

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In my experience they tend to be more defenssive and skittish than a Lasiodora parahybana in general and of those to i think Lp is slightly more appropriate for a beginner but there are many speicies that are better suited for a beginner than those two

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
In my experience they tend to be more defenssive and skittish than a Lasiodora parahybana in general and of those to i think Lp is slightly more appropriate for a beginner but there are many speicies that are better suited for a beginner than those two
Both of the parahybana females I had were much more flighty or defensive than any of my Nhandu spp.