New Lid for Enclosure => Anti-Leg-Sticking

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
that is a nice new top you made. sounds like your going to need some more holes to keep that humidity down.

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
To anyone using plexiglass for a lid...keep in mind that over time the plexiglass will warp or bow in the middle if not supported.

Please forgive the crude illustration...I can draw well, but not with a mouse.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Does the bowing happen with thick plexi-glass? I can't imagine this stuff moving!

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beccamillott said:
Does the bowing happen with thick plexi-glass? I can't imagine this stuff moving!

Yes. It actually happens rather quickly too. I made a lid out of plexi-glass for a tank and within a month or so I had to turn it over and put the hinges and handle on the other side.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i had that problem, so i switched to using plexiglass that is a quarter inch thick. that stuff DOESN'T MOVE

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i had that problem, so i switched to using plexiglass that is a quarter inch thick. that stuff DOESN'T MOVE

vanquisher91

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One thing that really helps with humidity being too high, is a simple house fan. Nothing big, just enough to give a gentle breeze. If you place this somewhere pointed to your enclosure, it will create a slight area of negative pressure over the tanks lid, which will help to draw out the moist air. No need to worry about it being to drafty in your T's cage so long as the holes are fairly small.

Le Wasp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I usually don't have that much of a beef with posting to old, stale threads, except for one issue: when it's so old that any links to pictures are no longer valid, then it becomes annoying.