New Juvenile American Toad

Mork

Arachnopeon
He's in the picture to the top right, just hiding. All I know is that he's a juvenile male, so tips, suggestions, and name ideas will be extremely appreciated as I have never kept toads before. Fortunately, I still have a few small crickets to give him.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
More room...deep, damp substrate and things to hide under. A happy toad is one who digs a burrow. Add a large(ish) water dish.

The neighbor kids have been finding them in the yard left and right...I think I have set up 3 or 4 enclosures just this week.:banghead:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Names...I'm good at that.

Alliterative with toad:
Todd (I like this one a lot)
Tom
Tim
Timothy
Terrence
Terry
Tycho
Troy

Alliterative with Bufo:
Boris
Bruce
Barry
Bernie
Bernard
Bob
Bill
Benjamin
Ben
Bo

Mork

Arachnopeon
More room...deep, damp substrate and things to hide under. A happy toad is one who digs a burrow. Add a large(ish) water dish.

The neighbor kids have been finding them in the yard left and right...I think I have set up 3 or 4 enclosures just this week.:banghead:
Right now the toad is only a bit bigger than my thumbnail, so I'm planning on upgrading him to a bigger tub when he grows. (Right now it's a 10 gallon) I make sure the substrate is moist twice a day, and he has room to submerge himself in his water if needed.
I put a layer of dead leaves over the substrate, as I heard that works well, even though he already has a half-log to hide under. Anything I could improve on? Thank you for replying, I look forward to housing him.