New home for A. avic!

BC1579

Arachnobaron
071DA4B3-A3F7-4365-A3AE-AC35EB4A1FD3.jpeg CE9A6D1D-2211-4B35-AD0E-A7DA3E7AD811.jpeg 2F8D1A67-4F27-451A-B478-92D93C40766C.jpeg

Couldn’t pass up on the Exo Terra enclosure. Got a great deal on it, the vine and the hanging plant. The cork bark tube was a larger one that I split lengthwise.

This is one of two A. avics I have (the other will get a similar enclosure in a few days). However, this gal doesn’t seem to want to web. I’ve tried tall plants, plants across the ceiling, bamboo halves, cork bark...she eats very well and otherwise seems very happy and healthy.

Anyway, hopefully her forever home will encourage her to web more...er, any.

Let me know if anything seems untoward or poorly set up. I’d really appreciate it.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
View attachment 255726 View attachment 255724 View attachment 255725

Couldn’t pass up on the Exo Terra enclosure. Got a great deal on it, the vine and the hanging plant. The cork bark tube was a larger one that I split lengthwise.

This is one of two A. avics I have (the other will get a similar enclosure in a few days). However, this gal doesn’t seem to want to web. I’ve tried tall plants, plants across the ceiling, bamboo halves, cork bark...she eats very well and otherwise seems very happy and healthy.

Anyway, hopefully her forever home will encourage her to web more...er, any.

Let me know if anything seems untoward or poorly set up. I’d really appreciate it.
Just keep a eye out for that screen mesh up top, their tarsal claws can get stuck. It's rare, but I've heard enough times that I won't use it.
Hang out for the webbing, my girl took FOREVER to build a web up top.

Last edited:

BC1579

Arachnobaron
I never use the screen for terrestrials. I drill a bunch of holes in plexi and silicone it to the underside of the mesh.

I haven’t had an issue with it yet, but I’ve only got avics with mesh tops. I’m building another arboreal setup either for a Pokie or maybe a P. cambridgei. They’re obviously faster and I wouldn’t want one of them to get hung up. I’m going to do plexi on that one for sure.

And thanks for the support on the webbing! I bought the two avics together. One made a nice tube structure almost immediately. The slacker shown above refuses. Lazy bones.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Just keep a eye out for that screen mesh up top, their tarsal claws can get stuck. It's rare, but I've heard enough times that I won't use it.
Hang out for the webbing, my girl took FOREVER to build a web up top.
Where have you heard a problem with screen for arboreals?

I'd push that cork round into that back corner. Looks too open right now.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Ohhhh, touche. Yep, it's always been those hefty terrestrials I've seen.

Disregard my last message about hanging T toes!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

In defense of @bryverine, he likely heard the screen/Avic from me. Why? Because my A metallica would get stuck in the Exo Terra screen. I had to rescue him a couple of times. Does that mean all arboreals will, no. But why risk it?? Arboreals are nimble, but still use their tarsal claws ;)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
In defense of @bryverine, he likely heard the screen/Avic from me. Why? Because my A metallica would get stuck in the Exo Terra screen. I had to rescue him a couple of times. Does that mean all arboreals will, no. But why risk it?? Arboreals are nimble, but still use their tarsal claws ;)
Cuz plexiglass and acrylic are expensive.