New Here

JoeScorp

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I'm Joe, new here.
Used to have and breed Emperor Scorps about 20 years ago. Things have definitely changed since then. I acquired an Emp for free on craigslist and now I'm interested again. lol.
I purchased two baby Asian Forest Scorps from ReptileCity and two adult Emperor Scorps.
I do have a concern that the Emps I purchased aren't actually Emps, but I'm not sure what they are. I'll post pics when I can. Looking forward to learning everything I can from all of you. Thanks.
Bellevue, Nebraska.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Hi,
I'm Joe, new here.
Used to have and breed Emperor Scorps about 20 years ago. Things have definitely changed since then. I acquired an Emp for free on craigslist and now I'm interested again. lol.
I purchased two baby Asian Forest Scorps from ReptileCity and two adult Emperor Scorps.
I do have a concern that the Emps I purchased aren't actually Emps, but I'm not sure what they are. I'll post pics when I can. Looking forward to learning everything I can from all of you. Thanks.
Bellevue, Nebraska.
Welcome to the boards.

You will find things easier if you use scientific (Latin) names, as everyone who's been on here for more a few weeks generally does. If you don't know the full name at least use the genus name. It might sound nit-picky but it does make things easier.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Red claws - Pandinus cavimanus are sometimes sold as emps, you would notice at least some red coloration on the claws and possibly the back. They might be dictator's Pandinus dictator - if you're lucky, they are rarer than emps. That's about as far as my knowledge of emps and their lookalikes goes.

Last edited:

JoeScorp

Arachnopeon
Here are two of my 5 scorps. The one with the grainy Pedipalps (sorry, relearning my scientific terminology) I believe is Pandinus Imperator. The other one was sold to me as an Emperor Scorpion (not sure what all that term includes anymore "Imperator, Dictator"). Also the Telson on the Imperator is a lighter color than it and on the unknown one the Telson is the same color and more slender, not as bulbous.

Attachments

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Here are two of my 5 scorps. The one with the grainy Pedipalps (sorry, relearning my scientific terminology) I believe is Pandinus Imperator. The other one was sold to me as an Emperor Scorpion (not sure what all that term includes anymore "Imperator, Dictator"). Also the Telson on the Imperator is a lighter color than it and on the unknown one the Telson is the same color and more slender, not as bulbous.
As I said I'm not really a expert, especially with emps and their lookalikes but the big one looks like it might be a Pandinus cavimanus. Here's some links that might help.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/pandinus-dictator-vs-imperator.298809/

http://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t7690-p-imperator-or-p-cavimanus