new H. troglodytes

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
So I finally branched out and bought a pair of H. troglodytes this past weekend and I'm already amazed by how different they are from my P. imperators, I can see how collecting can get addicting.

But anyways, from what I've read here it sounds like they shouldn't be kept communally but so far I have seen zero aggression between them. One day I even noticed one standing on top of the other. Did I just luck out and get great roommates, or can aggression just happen randomly out of nowhere?

Also, these guys keep scaring me with the way they rest. They just lay so completely flat with their tail down sideways, they almost look like they are melting into the substrate. Usually when I see the Emperors like that I have a dead one on my hands.

And then lastly, I read at least one person talking about how handlable they were but they seem like paranoid crackheads to me. Whenever I go to touch their tails they spin around with claws waving around and then I just back off. Are they just "all bark and no bite" or am I likely to get pinched/tagged?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
So I finally branched out and bought a pair of H. troglodytes this past weekend and I'm already amazed by how different they are from my P. imperators, I can see how collecting can get addicting.

But anyways, from what I've read here it sounds like they shouldn't be kept communally but so far I have seen zero aggression between them. One day I even noticed one standing on top of the other. Did I just luck out and get great roommates, or can aggression just happen randomly out of nowhere?

Also, these guys keep scaring me with the way they rest. They just lay so completely flat with their tail down sideways, they almost look like they are melting into the substrate. Usually when I see the Emperors like that I have a dead one on my hands.

And then lastly, I read at least one person talking about how handlable they were but they seem like paranoid crackheads to me. Whenever I go to touch their tails they spin around with claws waving around and then I just back off. Are they just "all bark and no bite" or am I likely to get pinched/tagged?
If you really want to handle your trogs. or any of the calmer scorpions always approach slowly from the front - never touch or approach from the rear -- asking for trouble.