New Enclosure Open for suggestion

ridethatempest

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, so basically I made this enclosure with the intent of housing an Avic in it . Itll be my first Avic and Im rather kinda new to archnids, having my only T rosie for about a month and a half now and the need for more T's is growing rapidly each day. Just posting the picture of the enclosure i made and open to any suggestions about it and if there anything I should add besides a water dish. View attachment 110111 Untitled.jpg

Osmo

Arachnosquire
How big is the enclosure? Look awfully big. Did you plan to buy an adult?

Awesome looking enclosure though!

ridethatempest

Arachnopeon
thanks :) and its a 5 gallon, but i have a smaller 16oz deli container to raise up to this size

Last edited:

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Looking good. But if I may, I suggest you add some more decor to one of the top back corners to provide a third anchor point, the first two being the side wall and back drop. IMO/E, its a good way of ensuring they build their nest where you want, as opposed to possibly webbing up the door. I always hot glue a Dollar store plant to one of the top corners and it works like a charm:)

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Yip looks good to me, I would add a fue more things for climbing on.

ridethatempest

Arachnopeon
thanks for your suggestions there great itdeas and will be sure too add another anchor point like you said

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I usually take a plastic potho vine, and wrap it around the wood starting at the base, and ending at the ceiling of the enclosure. I let some of the branches dangle out also.